1.    #1  
    Thought you guys might be interested in this:

I got to spend 30 minutes with a Treo 600 today. Not long enough to write a full review, but long enough to know that palmOne/Handspring has got it right. The Treo 600 will be the device to beat, from the integrated PDA/phone perspective.

While the Treo 600 is far from perfect, it does so many things right the shortcomings can be overlooked by most users. I’ll quickly break down what I like and don’t for easy digestion.

More...
    http://www.bargainpda.com/default.as...wComments=true
    Thanks, very much.
    By chance did you have the chance to look at the screen outside, in the sunlight?
    There's some real concern that it gets "washed out" in the sun.
  3.    #3  
    I did not, but could see that being a problem. It does have a contrast slider as well, which may help. I spent my entire time in a conference room with artificial light.

B
    Thanks for your observations. I have just a few comments.

Originally posted by bargainPDA
    Reception appears to be better. Side by side a Treo 300, the 600 consistently had one more bar of reception.
    But it goes to eleven. Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously though, do we know this is apples to apples or might a bar on one phone not have the same meaning as a bar on the other.

The earpiece sticks out a little bit rather than being flush with the device. This should make for a better ear connection and improved audio. The strong speaker phone is another option and works well.
    I believe this bulge is only in the CDMA version.

The units have the Handspring logo on them even though we know the new company is palmOne and devices that come out in 2004 will be branded that way. Not a big deal, but your new toy will appear to be “old” within a few months.
    Just my opinion here, but I think having the original logo is more of a boon than a bust. It would be different if the palmOne branded phones are going to have an updated feature set, but if the only thing that changes is the branding, then early adopters seem more like visionaries (no Sprint pun intended) than antique collecters.
    -----

Error in CleverWiticismGenerator.c: Line 23974 Invalid handle on reality
  5.    #5  
    There are the same number of frequency power bars for both units I think.

B
    Nice, thanks!

The units have the Handspring logo on them even though we know the new company is palmOne and devices that come out in 2004 will be branded that way. Not a big deal, but your new toy will appear to be “old” within a few months.
    I am an odd ball I guess, I want the Handspring logo on mine, it's old school and I have a little more respect for them. Plus, it will be like a limited addition model...

I was really hoping that I could get a 600 with Flip on it, it looks like I may then? THanks,Matt
    Guessed, I think you have watched the movie Spinal Tap too many times (goes to 11) LOL
    I am an odd ball I guess, I want the Handspring logo on mine, it's old school and I have a little more respect for them. Plus, it will be like a limited addition model...
    I actually prefer the Handspring logo on my Treo 600 too. It will be like an early adopter geek badge. Wear it with pride!

Thanks for the info bargainPDA!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
  9.    #9  
    No problem, glad to be of service. We should have the Sprint edition in hand for an extended period of time in two weeks or so.
    No problem, glad to be of service. We should have the Sprint edition in hand for an extended period of time in two weeks or so.
    Marcus et.al.:

Does TreoCentral have any plans for a pre-release review? Any plans you can tell us about?

Dan.
    Originally posted by vagabond

Marcus et.al.:

Does TreoCentral have any plans for a pre-release review? Any plans you can tell us about?

Dan.
    they are on the list to get one of the preview copies, but as of a couple of days ago, they didn't know when.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yep, no info has been given to reviewers yet, but as soon as those are distributed you guys will know that the time is VERY near.