1.    #1  
    I know this was discussed previously but I don't recall any definitive answer...

Will the Treo 600 be EDGE capable? Per other rumors, Cingular is planning on carrying the T600 and in my area they are supposed to be turning up EDGE in November. I'd love to be able to do it with my new Treo
    With EDGE in caps,I assume you don't mean the Visor Edge, correct?
    Originally posted by gkaatz
    I know this was discussed previously but I don't recall any definitive answer...

Will the Treo 600 be EDGE capable? Per other rumors, Cingular is planning on carrying the T600 and in my area they are supposed to be turning up EDGE in November. I'd love to be able to do it with my new Treo
    No the Treo600 won't be EGDE upgradeable...definitely not!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    EDGE is the next step in data capability for GSM:

GSM -> GPRS -> EDGE -> UMTS
  5.    #5  
    That's a damn shame. I can understand using low-res screens but to come out with a brand new device incapable of supporting the latest data speeds is really a crime.
    Well, the Treo600 uses the Broadcom BCM2121 GPRS/GSM baseband proc which does not support EGDE AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $However$ $I$ $know$ $the$ $BCM2132$ $does$...$too$ $bad$ $Handspring$ $didn$'$t$ $choose$ $that$ $chip$ $for$ $the$ $Treo600$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Well, the Treo600 uses the Broadcom BCM2121 GPRS/GSM baseband proc which does not support EGDE AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $However$ $I$ $know$ $the$ $BCM2132$ $does$...$too$ $bad$ $Handspring$ $didn$'$t$ $choose$ $that$ $chip$ $for$ $the$ $Treo600$...
    Save some $$ per unit (and maybe save the company) while EDGE networks spring up. Sounds like a sound strategy to me. Doesn't satisfy the technology-hungry geek in all of us, but will probably satisfy the market for a year just fine.
    After the palm merger is complete and as the network carriers require it, there will likely be future models at a higher price point that will be EDGE capable IMO.

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!