1.    #1  
    I assume that with the new browser (will they still call it Blazer?) being about to use Java, that OWA will work (with out using the $150 software package)?

Any ideas? TIA, MAtt
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    I assume that with the new browser (will they still call it Blazer?) being about to use Java, that OWA will work (with out using the $150 software package)?

Any ideas? TIA, MAtt
    I tried it from the emulator and it didn't work The error was "Unknown authentication type". I guess Blazer can't do NT authentication. Anyone knows a way around this? Is there another way to supply the authentication information to Web Outlook?
    Last edited by silverado; 09/03/2003 at 11:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    It's been a long while since I was an exchange admin, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to use NTLM for OWA. Don't ask me where the setting is, but I'm pretty sure it's in there. Whether or not you can change it without disrupting your corporate config is an entirely different story though.

Also to the original poster, OWA uses javascript, not java. (unless something radical has changed since E2K)
  4.    #4  
    No, I ment JavaScript, sorry. I thought the same way, but they call it a Java Browser (I guess the script is implied). Thanks both of y'all
  5.    #5  
    Blazer has been rewritten as a proxy less browser to enable full web browsing and secure access to corporate intranets. Blazer now includes support for frames and Javascript. Handspring claimed that speed was not greatly affected by the lack of a proxy on slower connections. (Specifically CSD).
    So it is still called Blazer then.....

(got this from the Treo600 Revealed artical from this site)

Don't know were I saw it billed as a Browser that supports Java, perhaps I just thought I saw that ...LOL
    Originally posted by Burkhardi

So it is still called Blazer then.....

(got this from the Treo600 Revealed artical from this site)

Don't know were I saw it billed as a Browser that supports Java, perhaps I just thought I saw that ...LOL
    Yes, it will be called Blazer 3.0. I've read in multiple places that it will support javascript.