Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 175
  1. #61  
    There are two separate but similar cell phones that Samsung has and is going to release soon. There is the already available SPH-I500, and the SGH-I500. They are both I500s, but they are very different.

    The SPH-I500 is a PalmOS 4.0 CDMA phone, available throught Sprint. It has a normal 160x160 (plus some extra pixels for phone stuff). It doesn't have a cam or SDIO slot.

    THe SGH-I500 is a PalmOS 5 GSM phone. It has a 320x320 screen (plus some extra pixels for phone stuff.) It has a VGA cam and a SDIO card slot. It is the one due towards the end of the year.
  2.    #62  
    Good call on clarifying that, I think that alot of people had the two confused.

    I'll still be a 600 user though, especially since I'll use the belt case and dont have to really worry about scratching.
  3. #63  
    Originally posted by sir_mycroft


    I always get an error message that the site cannot be displayed. Perhaps my settings are preventing it, but frankly, I thought it was problems on your end since none of my other frequented site are having the same error.
    Are you getting these problems while accessing the site from your Treo or from your PC? I'm not aware of any problems with the site currently... If you are trying to access www.pdaphonehome.com and getting the error try using www.smartphoneforums.com instead. Thats what I use and it'll take you past the front page directly to the forums.

    mj
  4. #64  
    Originally posted by purpleX

    they are not the only guy who make this type of product. All the others in the market use bigger/better screen without the battery problem they say exist. Either the rest of the industry is filled with geniuses or HS team is the only non geniuses. You decide. (do you want a list of all advance phones plus their battery and screen size?)
    Yes, please give me the list of PDA and Phone (with real speakers, not headset-only) speaker phone, camera devices with ARM or better processors that have 5-hour talk time and 10-day standby time. They should include a touch screen and a multipurpose OS. The 600 doesn't have battery "problems". Quite the contrary. It seems that they have been way too consrevative in wanting very long battery life.


    yeah yeah, he runs around with block of wood plus a chopstick and created a the first block buster handheld. How charming.

    News flash, the guy sink 400M and strike out. Treo is definitely not a hot selling roduct by PDA or phone standard. And I seriously doubt treo would be remember as 'most functional' phone/PDA as you put it. Palm pilot is seminal, treo is a novelty geek gadget.
    Most any reviewer that looked at it called it that. The fact that it is not selling in huge numbers is not based on its capabilities, but on many other factors including marketing muscle, lack of experience selling to carriers, distribution chennels, parternships, and shoddy construction.
    Last edited by silverado; 09/03/2003 at 11:24 AM.
  5. #65  
    Originally posted by mjorange


    Are you getting these problems while accessing the site from your Treo or from your PC? I'm not aware of any problems with the site currently... If you are trying to access www.pdaphonehome.com and getting the error try using www.smartphoneforums.com instead. Thats what I use and it'll take you past the front page directly to the forums.

    mj
    I am receiving the unavailable error message using my PC on all your addresses, even the second one you posted. I wish I knew the reason for this, I enjoy your site.

    P.S. Ijust tried from my treo and it works. Theremust be something wrong with my machine.
    Last edited by sir_mycroft; 09/03/2003 at 11:38 AM.
  6. #66  
    Originally posted by silverado

    Yes, please give me the list of PDA and Phone (with real speakers, not headset-only) speaker phone, camera devices with ARM or better processors that have 5-hour talk time and 10-day standby time.
    what smartphone has 5 hr talk time?
  7. #67  
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    THe SGH-I500 is a PalmOS 5 GSM phone. It has a 320x320 screen (plus some extra pixels for phone stuff.) It has a VGA cam and a SDIO card slot. It is the one due towards the end of the year.
    I know the difference, but Samsung still claims the SGH i500 has a standard res screen with "support" for high res. http://www.mobile-review.com/phonemo...-i500-en.shtml
  8.    #68  
    Hmmm. I wonder which?
  9. #69  
    Originally posted by yeah yeah


    what smartphone has 5 hr talk time?
    Handspring states that the GSM Treo 600 has 5 hour talk time. You can see it here if you don't mind deciphering some Italian.

    It also says 2-week standby time, not just 10 days.
  10. #70  
    ...and the CDMA has a reported 4.5 hours talk time.... I am waiting to see this list from Purple X myself.

    sir_mycroft, I hope you get it figured out, we'd love to have you around...
  11. #71  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I know the difference, but Samsung still claims the SGH i500 has a standard res screen with "support" for high res. http://www.mobile-review.com/phonemo...-i500-en.shtml
    I'm with Kurt on this. I think that if the SGH-i500 has a native 320x320 resolution that Samsung would say so CLEARLY and wouldn't be talking about 160x160 level resolution at all.

    And I'm not confused by the SPH vs SGH designation. I know the difference between the two.

    Now on the wishful thinking side, if the delays that this phone has seen are due to screen upgrades in the design and manufacturing channels, then it's possible that it will come with a hi-res display, but none of the official marketing materials from Samsung have said so.

    But none of it really matters to me because without a thumbboard it's a NO SALE for me. The Treo meets my needs in that regard.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  12. #72  
    i got some questions...can y'all help me out?

    1. when do you think we'll get an official release date? is this normal thing....that the phone will just suddenly come out?

    2. i only had one of the old handsprings...and wonder....if the battery dies on the 600...is all your stored data erased?

    think of some more later....
  13. #73  
    Originally posted by yeah yeah
    i got some questions...can y'all help me out?

    1. when do you think we'll get an official release date? is this normal thing....that the phone will just suddenly come out?

    2. i only had one of the old handsprings...and wonder....if the battery dies on the 600...is all your stored data erased?

    think of some more later....
    The memory is RAM which needs an electrical current to maintain the data. By dying, if you mean the battery just gets drained down to where the phone shuts off, you should be fine. They're programmed to shut the phone off before the battery really dies so it can keep the data. But if the battery is truly dead, broken, or loses 100% of its charge, your data is gone. That's why I like to sync my Treo once a week to make sure if I lose my data, I can get it all back.
  14. #74  
    Originally posted by Insp_Gadget


    But none of it really matters to me because without a thumbboard it's a NO SALE for me. The Treo meets my needs in that regard.
    So might many others, such as:

    http://www.mobileburn.com/story.jsp?Id=379
  15. #75  
    Originally posted by sir_mycroft


    So might many others, such as:

    http://www.mobileburn.com/story.jsp?Id=379
    Not a bad idea. Better than T9, but I don't know about heavy usage for e-mail, IM, and text messages.
  16. #76  
    I agree, not a bad idea, but only if you're into SMS, not true email and PDA functionality. I'll keep my thumb board! Bring on the 600! (This, as my beloved 270 weeps at my desire to replace it!)
  17. #77  
    Originally posted by yeah yeah
    1. when do you think we'll get an official release date? is this normal thing....that the phone will just suddenly come out?
    I'm just fine without a release date...further, I think its good thinking on the part of HS. My contact there doesn't see any good in setting a release date only not to meet it and be left with dissatisfied customers.....i.e. Samsung and Kyocera. Further, people may tend to hold out for the 600 rather than just settling for something inferior since the 600 could be out any day now...
  18. #78  
    3) October 10th is the magic day (and it should be available retail at that point).
    I thought Handspring said that the Treo 600 CDMA version would be released first, followed soon after by the GSM version? Well anyway, Oct. 10th will be here soon! I can't wait!! I hope they sell it at Best Buy!

    Handspring states that the GSM Treo 600 has 5 hour talk time.
    What was that equation again? (claimed talk time / 2 = actual talk time)

    Regarding the screen size, 320x320 would be nice, but I'm actually fine with the 160x160. It's a fair trade-off for now, considering all the other features of the Treo 600. And IMO, it still has the best form factor!
    RayUSA

    "The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
  19. #79  
    Originally posted by mjorange
    I'm just fine without a release date...further, I think its good thinking on the part of HS. My contact there doesn't see any good in setting a release date only not to meet it and be left with dissatisfied customers.....i.e. Samsung and Kyocera. Further, people may tend to hold out for the 600 rather than just settling for something inferior since the 600 could be out any day now...
    but im talkin bout an official date. not a tentative date. cause handspring (or carrier) should know that....no more changes....just ship it out. there should be something...

    Originally posted by RayUSA
    Well anyway, Oct. 10th will be here soon! I can't wait!!
    is that official? and yeah....i heard the cdma is supposed to come out before the gsm. so i wonder.....
  20. #80  
    Originally posted by yeah yeah


    but im talkin bout an official date. not a tentative date. cause handspring (or carrier) should know that....no more changes....just ship it out. there should be something...



    is that official? and yeah....i heard the cdma is supposed to come out before the gsm. so i wonder.....
    Official dates don't mean anything. Look how the i500 was pushed back, as was the Kyocera 7135. And don't get me started on the T608. Dates mean nothing until the phones are in stores and on sale.

    I never heard an official date of October 10th. As far as I know, it's been all speculation and conjecture.

Posting Permissions