Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    I stand corrected GFunk, there does appeat to be one out there.... and to think, i was this close to afree with the X of purple on something,
  2. purpleX
    http://www.audiost.com/hdbase1.htm

damned palmgear search engine, k' i was wrong.
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    Dave,

It will not be shipping with voice dialing. However it does support vioce dialing through your carrier or a third party software solution.

Cool. Thanks for all of your info today. It's good to actually here something that is somewhat more solid than the 'rumours' we have been putting up with for quite a number of months now.

Sounds like the T600 is not too far away. Yipeeee!!!

D
  4.    #44  
    DJWhite: Your very welcome, I was just glad to finally hear some concrete stuff myself.

Also, let the record state, that despite the shared lack of narcolepsy on the part of this evening's posters, there is a shared trend of admitting error.

Mazal Tov to purpleX on realizing his error
  5. purpleX
    Mazal Tov to purpleX on realizing his error [/B]
    hah Thanks.
    Hi WeeBitObsessed,

Let me join the chorus in thanking you for the good info. Any mention during your conversation as to whether or not the upgrade program for existing Treo owners would have a unit limit. That is, can one person upgrade more than one phone? I have two T300s now and might get another before launch date (not all for me, but on my account), and was just wondering if this would be a problem.

Thanks,
    Justin
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    First, the 600 battery is 1800, if I remember correctly. Second, the new 500 will have 160x160, IMO. The 320x320 stuff is a giant misunderstanding.
    Just FYI - I found a Palm user group in Germany that had a demo of the Samsung SGH-i500 and the indicated that the display of that device is 320x320. The link can be found here. The site is in German so you will have to use a translation tool like Googles to see it in english.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Originally posted by JHETZEL

Just FYI - I found a Palm user group in Germany that had a demo of the Samsung SGH-i500 and the indicated that the display of that device is 320x320. The link can be found here. The site is in German so you will have to use a translation tool like Googles to see it in english.
    That article is from March 15th 2003, back when Samsung first announced the SGH-I500.
    I'd love to see a review/preview of that cell that is newer, seeing how we're getting closer to it's supposed 3rd/4th quarter release.

If the SGH-I500 does come out soon, I'll be torn which to get, that cell or Treo 600...phone size vs. thumb board....hmmm.

Thanks for the info though.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by stephman

That article is from March 15th 2003, back when Samsung first announced the SGH-I500.
    I'd love to see a review/preview of that cell that is newer, seeing how we're getting closer to it's supposed 3rd/4th quarter release.

If the SGH-I500 does come out soon, I'll be torn which to get, that cell or Treo 600...phone size vs. thumb board....hmmm.

Thanks for the info though.
    I agree! I feel like I am standing at a crossroads. Both products Treo 600 and SGH-i500 offer features I want, although not in a single product.

Treo has the thumboard I love, but the i500 appears to have the 320x320 screen, removable batteries and an excellent form factor.

Such a quandry..........
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    i too, am on the fence regarding treo v. samsung. on one of the samsung spec sheets i thought it mentioned a limited address book? which lead me to believe that the palm features were not fully intergrated? anyone else see that?
    Ben
    Originally posted by ben klieger
    i too, am on the fence regarding treo v. samsung. on one of the samsung spec sheets i thought it mentioned a limited address book? which lead me to believe that the palm features were not fully intergrated? anyone else see that?
    Not sure...do you have a link with that info?

Also, since we haven't seen any new info on the Samsung since it's announcement, that limited address book spec maybe just incorrect or early specs that have changed...let's hope so.
    Originally posted by purpleX

the upcoming SGH i500, not SPH.
    I saw what you wrote. And again, it's a giant marketing ploy/misunderstanding, in my opinion. Why would they say it's 160x160 with 320x320 support if it were actually true hi rez?

I have seen the German PUG review, but until I see obvious evidence that it's hi rez, I have to believe Samsung. Of course I'm open to having my mind changed, if anyone can point me in the right direction. I'm kind of a hi-rez agnostic.
    Originally posted by JHETZEL

Call me a skeptic, but I'm not sure I buy the 320x320 claim just yet. There has been too much tap-dancing by Samsung in the descriptions.

From Mobile-review.com
    "Two displays: 1) Internal - a touchscreen, which has a resolution of 162x176 pixels (it can also support the resolution of 324x352 pixels); it is TFT-65K display, which contains up to 14 text lines. 2) External OLED display (96x64 pixels) is capable to show up to 256 colors."
    So is it a true hi-res or not? Why would anyone claim a resolution of 162x176 if the display is actually 324x352? I smell some marketing fast talk.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 09/03/2003 at 09:35 AM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Regarding the screen resolution:

On another forum, I believe it was pdaphonehome.com which does not sem to be functioning lately, a poster who seemed knowlegable regarding Samsung phones stated that the screen resolution will be indeed 320x320. His posting was in response to the SGH being offered for pre-order from Just-talk for delivery at the end of August. His comment was that the SGH could not possible be delivered then due to the fact that Samsung would need to wait for more 320x320 screens to be manufactured, and he predicted an late 2003/early 2004 availability for the SGH.

Now Just-talk is offering the SGH pre-order for an early November deliver, and has upped the price to $699. Ouch.

As I have posted on this topic before, I am also on the fence regarding these phones. I was leaning toward the SGH because of the better feature set, sans mini-thumboard, but if it takes 6 more months to come out, and at the above price, it might be the Treo.
    I too believe the SGH-i500 has 160x160 pixels (as Samsung says) and have written about that at length in prior threads.

I am open to being pleasantly suprised, however.
  16.    #56  
    Any mention during your conversation as to whether or not the upgrade program for existing Treo owners would have a unit limit. That is, can one person upgrade more than one phone? I have two T300s now and might get another before launch date (not all for me, but on my account), and was just wondering if this would be a problem.

Thanks,
    Justin
    I dont think that it will be possible to get it more than once per 600. if you have 3 phones now and want to upgrade 3 times, than it would seem to me that you should be able to do that.

As far as the samsung goes, I am not totally convinced about the screen res, it seems to me, that from a marketing perspective, if the phone were truly Hi-Res, than they would nay want to mention a lower res ever, and it seems that many articles do in fact mention to "ability" to display it.

Also, doesn't anyone else hate that you have to flip it and hold it at an angle to use it, not to mention the forced reliance on the stylus vs. a good navi-pad? Just wondering.

-Mike

Also, doesn't anyone else hate that you have to flip it and hold it at an angle to use it, not to mention the forced reliance on the stylus vs. a good navi-pad? Just wondering.

-Mike
    I think the SGH will have a 5 way nav pad. And as for the flip? Well, I have even managed to scratch the treo's plastic cover. I shudder to think what I could do to an exposed screen.
    Originally posted by sir_mycroft

On another forum, I believe it was pdaphonehome.com which does not sem to be functioning lately,
    How is pdaphonehome not functioning for you? Can you send me an IM and explain....I tried to get in touch with you but you don't have that option enabled. Thanks!
    T-Mobile vs. Sprint
    Timing is good for me - my 180 t-mobile contract extended last year for a reason I forget, but it will end in Nov. Rest of my family has Sprint, with free sprint-to-sprint calling. Otherwise price is about the same. Any pros/cons re staying with t-mobile over Sprint service????
    Bob
    Originally posted by mjorange

How is pdaphonehome not functioning for you? Can you send me an IM and explain....I tried to get in touch with you but you don't have that option enabled. Thanks!
    I always get an error message that the site cannot be displayed. Perhaps my settings are preventing it, but frankly, I thought it was problems on your end since none of my other frequented site are having the same error.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast