Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how the rumored screen size of the Treo 600 will compare to the rumored screen size of the Samsung SGH-i500? What's the size of the current SPH-i500?
    The Treo 600's screen is 160x160 pixels.
    The SPH-i500's screen is 162x176 pixels.

Originally posted by Rocklin
    Does anyone know how the rumored screen size of the Treo 600 will compare to the rumored screen size of the Samsung SGH-i500? What's the size of the current SPH-i500?
    I think the question was about size, not resolution. I've also been curious about this. I want to compare it to the size of my Treo 300's screen. I don't remember seeing it in the 100s of posts in the early announcement threads.

Geoffrey
    THere was a great pic from Phonescoop.com and I can't remember where I saw it. It was called Samsung_i500_and_Treo_600
    I have it on my desktop, but I don't have a URL to give and we can't upload to this site, can we?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have had the treo 300 for almost a year. I bought the sph-i500 when it first came out and returned it after about 10 days and decided to wait for the treo 600.

The screen size of the i500 seemed significantly smaller than the 300. However, even though the resolution was comparable to the 300 the smaller size was enough of a difference to make pictures look significantly sharper, enough so that I went "wow" the first time I looked at a picture on the screen.

However, the screen size seemed to be a detriment with anything that involved text. I could never find a good balance between having the text so small that it was hard to read easily, or so large that it dominated the screen. Does that make sense?

Sorry I didn't take any pictures but that's my experience fwiw.
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    THere was a great pic from Phonescoop.com and I can't remember where I saw it. It was called Samsung_i500_and_Treo_600
    I have it on my desktop, but I don't have a URL to give and we can't upload to this site, can we?
    Here is the link to the url you're talking about:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/c.../index.php?p=5

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Here is the link to the url you're talking about:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/c.../index.php?p=5
    The Hitachi is absolutely humongous. I have a CD clock radio that size.
    And too think people rag on the 300......

The Hitachi is the bat mobile (In referance to the Bat Man (GSM) and Robin (CDMA)story)...kinda clunky
    Does anyone have the actual dimensions of the 600's screen? Not a picture of it, but the actual numbers?

Geoffrey
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    That is precisely what I was looking for. The dimensions of the T600 versus the I500. Not the pixels, not the k's of resolution, but that thing called dimensions. Example, 2.50 inches for the I500 versus 2.75 inches for the T600 (I just made those up! Looking for the correct answers!) Lots of us may use these precise dimensions to make a final decision!!
    I was at CompUSA today and saw the Hitachi G1000. OMG! That thing is humongous! I don't see how ANYONE would want to use that! It makes the Treo 600 (and everything else for that matter) seem so tiny.

Regardless of the exact screen measurements, it looks like the dimensions of the T600's screen would make it easier to read text and browse the web, since it is a bit wider than the i500's. And this isn't even what really makes the Treo 600 a superior product. There are so many other advantages! Treo wins again!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    The TREO 180, 270, and 300 are larger than the Hitachi when in use.

Remember the "CD Case" analogy?

The TREO 600 is indeed smaller, however.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    [B]The TREO 180, 270, and 300 are larger than the Hitachi when in use.

Remember the "CD Case" analogy?
    True, but at least the Treos will fit in your pocket when closed.

I asked the sales assistant if the Hitachi G1000 came with straps so you can conveniently wear it on your back.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Use the real size model (of the 600) that was on this forum some were and measure it, it was done 1:1 scale, correct?. I can tell from the photo that it's fine for me (the size) compared to the 300. For my use the i500 is not even in the picture. It's either keep the 300 or get the 600 and I WANT the 600. Even is the i500 was 1/8" bigger, would that make or break the sale?
    However, I can also appresiate that some may want real numbers to have side by side like 2"X2" 2.125"X1.175" and such.

You'll get the answer I am sure, have you tried using Google yet?
    I used Google and found this for the Treo600
    http://www.palmblvd.com/hardware/Han...m-pc-spec.html

Says 2.7inch, I assume it's square?

Anyway, if that is correct, we are half way there.....
    The visable part of the screen is 1 7/8" square and 2 9/16" diagonally (on the Sprint model)
    Thank you, Lucky.

Geoffrey