1.    #1  
    as I was using my 300 this morning via its speakrphone while sitting in its cradle, a thought about the 600 occurred to me. Since the mic is on the back of the 600 (which still seems strange to me), I wonder how well the spkrphn function will work while the device is in its cradle. Not that many people may operate it in that manner, but it's something that I've been pondering....
    Is there even a cradle announced for the 600 yet? Perhaps it has a microphone built into it? It can easily be done because the headset jack is on the bottom. That would be a pretty nifty feature.
    Back when I had my TP3000 I would use the speakerphone when it was in the cradle all the time. Its speaker was in the back too. I never noticed a problem with using it that way. If there's a cradle for the Treo 600, I don't think it should pose a problem for the speakerphone.
    KRamsauer:

There is a new desktop cradle that only fits the Treo 600 and there is a Treo 600 high-end car kit with a cradle that recharges the phone and has a seperate speaker for hands free use.

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Originally posted by JakeE
    KRamsauer:

There is a new desktop cradle that only fits the Treo 600 and there is a Treo 600 high-end car kit with a cradle that recharges the phone and has a seperate speaker for hands free use.

Jake
    AHHH!! JakeE, thank you for your unusually useful information!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by JakeE
    KRamsauer:

Jake
    Thanks Jake. Any details available on the web, or is this info from some other source?

Dave
    djwhyte

I got all this info directly from HS. I asked Jeff if the car cradle would have a feed through to the FM antenna lead so that you could play your MP3's on your Treo directly through your car stereo. He said something like "No, not initially."

A few days later Sony announced that their cradle for the Clie that has built it GPS also would allow you to feed MP3s directly through to your stereo.

I am still very excited about the high-end car cradle and intend to purchase one. Having my Treo 600 screen visible at all times in the car is invaluable, not to mention the benefit of hands free operation through a high quality hidden speaker.

I am sorry, I do not know of any photos on the web of these products.

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering

Found this, albeit from Belgium...

http://www.treostore.com/overview.tm...58491271778704
    Originally posted by ttazawa
    Found this, albeit from Belgium...

http://www.treostore.com/overview.tm...58491271778704
    Hi ttazawa!

Welcome to the forum!!!

I actually saw this and the car kit which are now posted on Handsprings website.

Thanks for sharing.

Jake