1.    #1  
    Like so many other posts, I have been plagued by a cracking right hinge on the flip of my 300. As I now wait for my 3rd replacement, I'm using the phone without the flip which, of course, requires the use of earphones.

That said, and I obviously understand the 300 was not engineered to function without the flip, I can't put the phone in my pocket or seemingly anywhere else because it keeps randomly dialing people. Even if I turn the screen off, it somehow keeps dialing folks automatically without the cover to protect the screen.

Anyone know on the Treo 600 what will prevent the phone from doing the same if the touch screen is not protected by a cover?

Also, has anyone seen any pictures with the Samsung SPH-i500 overlayed on the T-600? I'm getting frustrasted with the wait and annoyed with all of the problems I've had with my 300 and am thinking about buying the Samsung i500. If the Treo 600 comes out and is outstanding, I'll sell the i500 on eBay. I prefer the keyboard on the Treo but did just fine with the old Kyocera 6035 workhorse for a few years and had none of the problems that have dominated the 300.

Thanks.
    Took me 15 minutes of searching, but here it is.

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/c...d_Treo_600.JPG
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Kurt. I keep hearing implications from HS and others that it's significantly smaller than the 300 - but it appears (both from your photo and the actual dimensions) that it's slightly longer than the 300 and a bit narrower. It hardly seems like a giant jump from a sizing perspective (although if I'm missing something, I'm sure hundreds of you will tell me so - =)
    Well, there's a HUGE difference in the size of the devices since the 300, for the most part, is never used with the lid closed. That being said, the 300 is about twice the size of what is displayed in the photo. Also, I think even if it is just a bit more narrow, that'll make a substantial difference in comfort when in the palm of your hand.
    My only problem with the i500 is look at that screen angle. I would sorely miss the thumboard, but even worse, it looks like Graphitti would be almost useless at that angle. How could you ever tell what you are writing unless you tilt the phone back and forth like a seesaw? Nope. It's the Treo600 for this early adopter!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    When I held the 600 and compared it to my 300, it was indeed a bit longer (not that different overall, actually, than my old 6035), so your observation is correct. Of course, as mentioned above, when the 300 gets used with the flip open, the comparison changes dramatically.
    On an overall basis, the 600 was much more balanced and usable than the 300, with the flip closed or open. Just overall better. You'll see once you get one in your hands.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all of your input. With due respect to everyone, I think that looking at a size comparison based on the flip being open on the 300 is a bit irrelevant. For most people, the size concern is based on a desire to throw it into a pocket without any problem, bulk or weight. I, for one, don't really care about the size when I'm using it, within reason.

Thanks also for the input on the screen angle for the Samsung, I'll take a good look at that.
    the 600 also has a screen lock function - sometimes called Keyguard in Nokia land - that should allay your concerns. I can't recall as I type this on my 300 which button or whatever it'll be on the 6, but it is there.
  9.    #9  
    Any idea if the keyguard will be a switch (which is very easy to activate) or some kind of funtion code (that is a pain in my opinion)? Thanks,
    (pasted from the PDF of the user manual)

Keyguard
    Your Treo includes a feature that locks the keyboard, so that you donít accidentally
    press buttons or activate screen items while the phone is in a pocket or bag.
    1. With the screen on, press Option and Screen to enable Keyguard.
    2. To disable Keyguard, press and hold Center.

Auto-Keyguard and Touchscreen Lockout
    Auto-Keyguard lets you automatically lock the keyboard after a period of inactivity.
    1. Press Applications Launcher .
    2. Choose the pick list in the upper-right corner, then select All.
    3. Choose the Prefs icon .
    4. Choose the pick list in the upper-right corner, then select Keyguard.
    5. Set any of the following preferences:
     Auto-Keyguard sets the period of inactivity that passes before the keyboard
    automatically locks.
     Disable touchscreen when sets the conditions that disable the touchscreen.
    Billy, my phone is in the same condition as yours. Make sure to turn your phone to a program besides Phonebook, something innocuous like City Time. The only way you could make an inadvertant phone call that way would be if you hit the phonebook button on the bottom lefthand corner of the Treo and then bump the screen in your pocket.

Originally posted by Billyc
    Like so many other posts, I have been plagued by a cracking right hinge on the flip of my 300. As I now wait for my 3rd replacement, I'm using the phone without the flip which, of course, requires the use of earphones.

That said, and I obviously understand the 300 was not engineered to function without the flip, I can't put the phone in my pocket or seemingly anywhere else because it keeps randomly dialing people. Even if I turn the screen off, it somehow keeps dialing folks automatically without the cover to protect the screen.

Anyone know on the Treo 600 what will prevent the phone from doing the same if the touch screen is not protected by a cover?

Also, has anyone seen any pictures with the Samsung SPH-i500 overlayed on the T-600? I'm getting frustrasted with the wait and annoyed with all of the problems I've had with my 300 and am thinking about buying the Samsung i500. If the Treo 600 comes out and is outstanding, I'll sell the i500 on eBay. I prefer the keyboard on the Treo but did just fine with the old Kyocera 6035 workhorse for a few years and had none of the problems that have dominated the 300.

Thanks.
    Personally I am looking forward to the keylock (or whatever it is to be called) on the 600. My 3 year old can easily open the flip lid and touch both the screen and keyboard with disastrous results.

I think the move to a locked keyboard/screen and away from the flip lid will be the overall best improvement in the new Treo 600 IMO...

Originally posted by Llynx
    Personally I am looking forward to the keylock (or whatever it is to be called) on the 600. My 3 year old can easily open the flip lid and touch both the screen and keyboard with disastrous results.

I think the move to a locked keyboard/screen and away from the flip lid will be the overall best improvement in the new Treo 600 IMO...

Hmmm, easy answer...Don't let your 3-year-old play with your phone.

Problem solved.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.