1.    #1  
    (I posted this thread in the How to/Troubleshooting section, but it hasn't gotten any responses. Mods, if you feel the need to delete the post from this location, I understand, but I'm just banking on a slightly larger readership over here.)

So I'm not able to synchronize my Outlook with my Treo 300 - not the notes, calendar, contacts, or tasks, and I'm not sure why. I hotsync with a PC, not a Mac, by the way. Can anybody offer any assistance? Perhaps the script will help:

HotSync operation started 8/30/2003 8:41:54 PM
    OK Expense
    -- Outlook Calendar
    User: mehldau
    Version: 3.1.2

ERROR: 00008001
    Unable to communicate with Outlook's OLE Automation interface.

714: PMirror

Outlook Calendar synchronization failed
    -- Outlook Contacts

Failed opening Outlook interface.

448: PMirror

Outlook Contacts synchronization failed
    -- Outlook Tasks

Outlook Tasks synchronization failed
    -- Outlook Notes

Outlook Notes synchronization failed
    OK SplashPhoto
    OK VindigoLink
    -- Backing up db psysLaunchDB to file C:\Program Files\Handspring\mehlda\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file C:\Program Files\Handspring\mehlda\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK System
    HotSync operation complete 8/30/2003 8:42:32 PM

HotSync operation started 8/30/2003 8:34:53 PM
    OK Expense
    -- Outlook Calendar

Unable to communicate with Outlook's OLE Automation interface.

714: PMirror

Outlook Calendar synchronization failed
    -- Outlook Contacts

Outlook Contacts synchronization failed
    -- Outlook Tasks

Thanks in advance.
    well it's clearly an issue btw your 3rd party sync software (Chapura's Pocket Mirror) and Outlook. As you probably know, the treo has nothing to do with that.
    So - I'd suggest going to the support section of the Chapura site - www.chapura.com - and seeing if they have an FAQ or any other troubleshooting process that could step you through the issues you're having.
    Bottom line - your sync software can't establish a connection to Outlook (and btw, OLE stands for Object Linking and Embedding, for whatever that's worth.)
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by nrosser
    well it's clearly an issue btw your 3rd party sync software (Chapura's Pocket Mirror) and Outlook. As you probably know, the treo has nothing to do with that.
    So - I'd suggest going to the support section of the Chapura site - www.chapura.com - and seeing if they have an FAQ or any other troubleshooting process that could step you through the issues you're having.
    Bottom line - your sync software can't establish a connection to Outlook (and btw, OLE stands for Object Linking and Embedding, for whatever that's worth.)
    Thanks for the help. I'll look where you suggest.
    I had this problem. I re-installed all the software for synching. After rebooting the phone the backed up apps were restored from the PC. And the PC synched Outlook ever since. Might be worth a try. It really is much easier than it seems BTW since the other apps are automatically restored.
    JON