1.    #1  
    Hey, just wondering who has used their Circuit City extended warranty to return/exchange their 300 yet. Since they dropped Sprint, I'm wondering what they're going to offer me. I asked around at one store and I was told a Store Credit. That is fine, but I'm wondering if perhaps I'll be able to get a refund instead since they no longer carry Sprint. Also, the phone will be less than a year old when I return it so I wonder if they'll end up refunding the cost of the ext. warranty as well. In other words, do they give refunds/credits during the manufacturer warranty period anyway or was the ext. warranty needed regardless?

Anyway, any experiences are welcome. Thanks.
    Circuit City refused to give me an in-store credit and said that I had to call an 800 number and work with a third party. The best I can hope for is a Treo 600 when it is released. If they offer an in store credit, you are lucky.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by JamesKeys
    Circuit City refused to give me an in-store credit and said that I had to call an 800 number and work with a third party. The best I can hope for is a Treo 600 when it is released. If they offer an in store credit, you are lucky.
    Did you have the extended warranty? I'd much rather have them get me a 600 instead of a store credit.
    Do a search in this fornum on "Circuit City" and it will give you my experience with them.

As an additional comment from what I already wrote, my friend had the treo purchased from CC and also the service contract.
    he had the opposite results that I did. He broke the hinge and they told him it was NOT covered. He called Sprint and they sent h im out a NEW Treo the next day. Pretty good Customer Service when he didn't even but his phone directly from Sprint.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info. I had read your experience previously. I was just looking to see if anyone had similar experiences after Sprint was dropped. I don't think I'll have too much of an issue anyway since the phone is in great condition and I have all the packing. I bought it last December and after rebates and a CC gift card I received with the purchase the phone (which was able to go towards the purchase), it only netted me down to $99 anyway so however this turns out will be fine with me, since at a minimum, I should end up with a store credit between 3 and 4 hundred.

I guess what I'm wondering though, is how they handled returns on these phones within the first year, regardless of the contract. If I would receive a credit anyway within the first year anyway without a service contract, I expect that I will receive a credit on that as well.

As far as getting a refund over the credit, that remains to be seen. But I'm confident since they no longer offer Sprint that I will be able to convince them on this.
    On third treo. First one lasted 10 months--no problems as did a second phone that my son uses. Both broke in the same week in July. His right hinge and mine short in clam shell speaker, plus not always ringing.

Although both phones bought from same Best Buys and I went against my rule not to buy service agreements, I bought them on both phones. Money just given to Best Buy. They refused to do anything helpful.

In great contrast, Sprint store replace both phones on the same day. Great for Sprint and Boo for Best Buys and service agreement.

2nd phone lasted less than a month. First a vertical and parallel pixel lines when dead. Then battery would not hold charge for more than 30 minutes. Now no signal in my home office where I had used other treo without problem and my wifes Nokia works fine with 3 to 4 bars.

syncing first replacement phone no problem.

Second replacement phone received with no fuss at Sprint store. Still can not get Sprint service in home office 1 mile off Interstate 85 in Atlanta near Clairmont and 85.

Also when signing on, it asked if I wanted to update and I did. NOt sure if this was a good idea or not.

Will the radio in 600 receive the signal better than radio in 300?
  7.    #7  
    Normally I never buy service agreements either. But for $50, it was a 3 year ext. warranty that offered a refund if the phone ever wen't bad. So, whether it be credit or refund, it was definitely worth purchasing.

Most likely though, I will end up purchasing the new one through Handspring due to their supposed upgrade offer. We'll see. Otherwise I will purchase from Sprint.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Originally posted by vitb9doc
    I went against my rule not to buy service agreements. Money just given to Best Buy. They refused to do anything helpful.

In great contrast, Sprint store replace both phones on the same day. Great for Sprint and Boo for Best Buys and service agreement.
    I had the EXACT same experience with Best Buy. I spent big $$ on a phone and warranty and they told me to take it back to Sprint! I was fuming! But Sprint to their credit helped me out (but only after a small fight with them about the short life of the battery).

--Dave
    Originally posted by razorpit
    I spent big $$ on a phone and warranty and they told me to take it back to Sprint!
    I thought the whole point was to save the end user from having to deal with the manufacturer.

I had "buyer's remorse" once on a compusa laptop extended warranty. They were so pissy (from manager all the way down) you'd have thought I was murdering their first born. I had to point to the fine print where it said in Texas I had the right to return the extended warranty, all the while they are looking up at the ceiling. That's fine. Compusa wants to mess with me? Two can play that game. Next time they try offer an extended warranty I'll have some some well chosen words ready while I carefully examine the ceiling.
    David
    Pitching a fit works miracles in these situations. Be a pain in the *** and they will help you out.
    I wrote about this in another thread in about March or so.

Replaced one (broken hinges) with no problems.

The second time I had to replace it (battery wouldn't charge) they'd stopped carrying it. I was offered a store credit, but that didn't work for me, so I had Sprint replace it.

Has CC completely stopped carrying Sprint phones?