1.    #1  
    I was at Best Buy yesterday and was told that they have stopped carrying ALL Palm-based phones. Circuit City has recently dropped Sprint, so those who purchased extended warranties and were hoping to get no-cost upgrades to newer models are completely out of luck. I used my Circuit City extended warranty to go from the Kyocera 6035 to a Treo 300 after using the 6035 for a year. I had to pay the difference in cost ($99) and was able to get the Treo 300. I could have done the same with the Treo 300 to get a Treo 600, but Circuit City no longer handles Sprint. Who will everyone here be purchasing their Treo 600 from?? Sprint?? Handspring?? Amazon?? PalmOne??
    James
    Maybe they'll start carrying them again when they realize nobody is buying Palms from Best Buy anymore because everyone is buying the Treo 600 when it comes out!
  3. NBP
    I was in Best Buy last week with my Treo 300 which is legitimately not working correctly. The sales rep told me that if I could live with the problem for another month, it would probably be in my best interest to wait until then b/c then I would be able to return it for the next generation model, the "Treo 600."

Usually I find Best Buy employees to be the least informed and virtually of no help with product information so I found it interesting that she had specific knowledge of the 600. Obviously this contradicts the title of this thread and hopefully it's true.
    I have a misbehaving T300 also and dropped into my local BB
    I was told to wait a few weeks for the 600 & Samsung Phone/PDA - this was from an in-store Sprint Rep as opposed to a Best Buy employee.

hope my hinge stays together long enough ....
  5.    #5  
    The Best Buy that has dropped all Palm-based phones is in Milwaukee. I assume that it is a corporate decision, but it might take a while to work through the company. I suppose it is possible that a single store may choose to drop certain products.

I did get to check out a new Samsung I500 at the nearby Sprint store. The form factor is truly awesome. It is a very small and sharp little phone/PDA combo. But it has no SD card or mp3 capabilities, so the Treo 600 will be an easy choice for me. But if someone is looking for a small phone with Palm OS 4.1, it is an outstanding unit.

James
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I'll hopefully be buying mine from Treo Central, since they stated they *might* be selling them...
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Does anyone know how musch TC will be selling them for? And would we still get carrier discounts? With Handspring trade-in, treo centrals discount, carrier discunts, and selling our old phone on e-bay the T600 is looking much cheaper.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    Did anybody here buy a phone from BB and get the extended warranty with it? I have a Treo300 from CC, and with my extended warranty, I can bring the phone back and exchange it for a new one. Does the Best Buy warranty work the same way? Anybody know?
    I certainly hope BB didn't drop palmos smartphone b/c I bought the extended warranty from them. If something bad happens to my T300 (which is very likely considering teh crappy Hx of the device), I hope I'm not up some creek as far as support goes!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10.    #10  
    jonnysnakes:
    Did anybody here buy a phone from BB and get the extended warranty with it? I have a Treo300 from CC, and with my extended warranty, I can bring the phone back and exchange it for a new one. Does the Best Buy warranty work the same way? Anybody know?

CC has dropped Sprint, so you may not be able to exchange it for a new one. I was told that they won't even take it as a return for in-store credit, and my only option is to try to exchange it for another similar model through their warranty partner. But they have you call a toll free number, and the store will not do anything with it.
    James
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Best Buy wouldn't even look at my Pphone because it was still under the "1 Year Sprint" warranty. I think after that warranty is up I have to call an 800 number and they send me a box to send the phone back and a check to spend where ever I want.
    CC won't take it back for an instore credit? With the City Advantage Warranty? How can this possibly be? The fact that they have dropped sprint is even more of reason to issue a credit if you return a broken. The fact that they no longer support Sprint is their problem, not mine. I will get my credit and use it on something else and buy the 600 from somewhere else.
    Originally posted by roccol
    CC won't take it back for an instore credit? With the City Advantage Warranty? How can this possibly be? The fact that they have dropped sprint is even more of reason to issue a credit if you return a broken. The fact that they no longer support Sprint is their problem, not mine. I will get my credit and use it on something else and buy the 600 from somewhere else.
    Has anyone been able to return T300 to CC with extended waranty? I understand that it's theoretically should be possible, but has anyone done that? My Treo 300 is still working, but I am looking forward to it dying, to be replaced with T 600.
    Last edited by goobar; 10/13/2003 at 06:46 PM.
    Originally posted by goobar

Has anyone been able to return T300 to CC? I understand that it's theoretically should be possible, but has anyone done that? My Treo 300 is still working, but I am looking forward to it dying, to be replaced with T 600.
    CC sells products and gives a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on most everything. If it's past the 30 days period they don't accept returns... why would they?

Products they sell carry a manufacturers warranty. In this case the T300 has a 1 year warranty from Sprint. If something is wrong with it Sprint will fix or replace it during the 1 yr warranty. That's the procedure since forever for products that have a manufacturer's warranty.
    Originally posted by rastoma

CC sells products and gives a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on most everything. If it's past the 30 days period they don't accept returns... why would they?

Products they sell carry a manufacturers warranty. In this case the T300 has a 1 year warranty from Sprint. If something is wrong with it Sprint will fix or replace it during the 1 yr warranty. That's the procedure since forever for products that have a manufacturer's warranty.
    I guess I was not very clear in my post, but I am refering to the extended waranty, that Circuit City sold me.
  16.    #16  
    Circuit City was honoring the extended warranty until they dropped Sprint. Now they will not take the old Treo 300 as a return and will only give you an 800 number to call for service. It might be possible to swap out your old Treo 300 for a compatible palm-based phone (hopefully the Treo 600), but there are no guarantees.

james
    I also have a three year extended BB warrantee on my Treo 300 and it is broken enough to warrant a replacement. Basically I've gotten the run-around. No Treo 300's anylonger; no 600's "in the forseeable future". No refund on the phone. No clearly stated store policy. Thank goodness I was still under Sprint 1 year - I was able to upgrade to the 600 by buying another year contract and paying the difference. Both organizations were a mess to deal with - lots of conflicting information, many calls. Good luck to all.
    I'd like to make sure I understand this... BB or CC have sold you extended warrentees. But since they have dropped Sprint or no longer carry Palm-based phones, they are telling you they will not honor their own warrentee?

If this is the case, the very next two pone calls I would make would be to the better business folks and the local newspaper. If I understand you all correctly, this is crasy wrong!
    Yup...they sold us warranties but no lanher have equivalent devices to replace them...pretty alme business practices...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions