Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Does the synchronization software CD include software for us mac users? If so, could you describe. Thanks
    Originally posted by afcuadros
    Well what i am doing is calling all the sprint stores around my area for a date when we can buy the treo 600.
    One rep said very confidently OCTober 1st.
    I asked a Sprint rep yesterday in the store - his response "I'm not sure. I heard we may not even be getting it..."

Boy, I love Sprint's customer service.....
    The problem though with TreoSMS is that is cuts off all the messages.... it is that character limit thing. Blackberry doesn't do that, but I don't know about other carriers/phones...

I would be very happy if Sprint or TreoSMS would fix that character limit. Getting US Open messages with "Roddick upset Nalbandian after 2 sets down to win"... what? to play- who? Very annoying I must say...
    Originally posted by lesnla
    The problem though with TreoSMS is that is cuts off all the messages.... it is that character limit thing. Blackberry doesn't do that, but I don't know about other carriers/phones...

I would be very happy if Sprint or TreoSMS would fix that character limit. Getting US Open messages with "Roddick upset Nalbandian after 2 sets down to win"... what? to play- who? Very annoying I must say...
    it is sms, not email. sms=short message service. there is a limit. tmobile has a limit.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by lesnla
    Are you getting those from Yahoo? I thought at first it was the SMS chopping off, so I changed it to send to my desktop email and Yahoo was still chopping off their alerts at shorter than SMS capacity.
    Assuming that the Palm 5 software uses basically the same Hotsynch path as the previous versions and they actually release the conduit, we should be all set for iSynch. Of course perhaps the missing synch people will have another markket to work to. I see they have a conduit for the Garmin Palm 5 device so this shoud not be any more difficult.
    Originally posted by wcarlson40

I asked a Sprint rep yesterday in the store - his response "I'm not sure. I heard we may not even be getting it..."

Boy, I love Sprint's customer service.....

That's interesting. I happened into a Sprint district rep at Best Buy last Saturday. He was on his day off, but milling around talking with salespeople. I asked him when the Treo 600 will be in, and he told me that Sprint won't be carrying it.

Can someone dispute this? Please...
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by big-mac

That's interesting. I happened into a Sprint district rep at Best Buy last Saturday. He was on his day off, but milling around talking with salespeople. I asked him when the Treo 600 will be in, and he told me that Sprint won't be carrying it.

Can someone dispute this? Please...
    Sprint will be carying the Treo 600. There's really nothing to dispute. There are just a lot of people who either don't really know whats going on or just don't care and tell you what they want to tell you.

What the Best Buy rep probably ment was that Best Buy won't be carrying it, since they are dropping a lot of their phones - including the PDA phones.

Mid to late October is the release date.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Originally posted by DSDxp

What the Best Buy rep probably ment was that Best Buy won't be carrying it, since they are dropping a lot of their phones - including the PDA phones.

Mid to late October is the release date.
    ARHHH!! I hope that's not true! I bought the BB extended warantee! If my Treo300 dies, which I'm sure it will, I don't want to be up a creek with BB.
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/18/2003 at 12:26 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Yea I know what you mean, I had a 3 year warranty through Circiut City and now that they've dropped all Sprint phones I'm stuck trying to sell my old phones on eBay instead of exchanging them for newer ones!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    I'm a swatter for sprint and I can tell you best buy hasn't dropped PDA phones-- at least ours... The i500 finally made its way into my store today and I promptly sold out of it... Within 3 hours! I can't tell you when exactly but I do expect BB to sell the T600 just like they sold the t300. As far as people saying that Sprint won't have it at all, then why have I started seeing some of the bigwigs in my office with sales tools and one is even handling an account with a company to get them 100 of them as soon as it drops... (Might only be 99 if I'm working that day )
    The hinge on my year old Treo 300 broke a couple of weeks ago and when I called Circuit City they said they no longer carried Sprint Phones and that I could come in and get a full refund, because I had purchased the extended Warranty. They made a full refund including the cost of the extended warranty.
    I went to the Sprint Store and bought a brand new Treo 300 for
    $399 less a $100 credit on my bill which gives me about $270 to use to purchase my Treo 600 as soon as it is released. I would love to buy it from Circuit City, but they said they no longer carried Sprint phones. They were great about honoring the
    extended service contract.
    herbdexter
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345