Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by mjorange

I was given $400 for my I300 towards the purchase of the I330. I didn't go fishing or run a campaign, or even threaten to leave. A rep made the offer and I took him up on it....simple as that. There are numerous other cases of similar acts.....my mother just received a new I330 in exchange for her I300 last week. No questions asked. She walked in, they said, "You need a new phone", and brought her a new I330! Incredible.
    As far as I know, when customer turn in their old phones to receive a new phone, its because their old phone failed the HP Test our techs run on it, and we send them a refurbished phone through the mail at no charge. Otherwise, I'm guessing it's up to the rep to give you a deal on a new phone for turning in your old one because there isn't a specific program set up for this type of transaction.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Hm.... Doesn't seem to professional to me.

My post that you quoted:

> If someone came up to me in the store and wanted to give me their old phone to get a credit towards a new one, I'd laugh

You left out the rest of it, after laughing, I'd ask them why we would accept their old junk and give them credit for it towards a new phone.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Attached are some of the pictures displayed in the marketing breif. As you can see, they are both the gunmetal color, but one has the bulge in the earpiece and one doesnt....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not officially, but they do certainly offer to give more substantial credits to existing customers if they return their old devices.
    DSD, as I said, its not an official policy, but with the reported problems of many Treo's this is certainly a valid option. As for it being a refurbished phone, I received a brand new unit.

The reason why you would accept "their old junk" is because you sold them junk...if I request 6 replacement units in 1 years time(which I have not but some have) and you see that it is necessary to offer me those 6 replacements, then certainly a person with such great customer service skills as yourself wouldn't be so clueless as to ask me why you'd accept my old junk......right??
    Originally posted by DSDxp

You left out the rest of it, after laughing, I'd ask them why we would accept their old junk and give them credit for it towards a new phone.
    I know. It's still not professional to laugh at customers. Read around the forums. Sprint does not have a good CR reputation. These types of actions cannot help the cause.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I know. It's still not professional to laugh at customers. Read around the forums. Sprint does not have a good CR reputation. These types of actions cannot help the cause.

Sarcasm.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

DSD, as I said, its not an official policy, but with the reported problems of many Treo's this is certainly a valid option. As for it being a refurbished phone, I received a brand new unit.

The reason why you would accept "their old junk" is because you sold them junk...if I request 6 replacement units in 1 years time(which I have not but some have) and you see that it is necessary to offer me those 6 replacements, then certainly a person with such great customer service skills as yourself wouldn't be so clueless as to ask me why you'd accept my old junk......right??
    Yes, in situations such as that, where the customer is continuing to have problems with the same handset and they've received the same one over and over again, exceptions would be made. However, if the handset is outside of the 1 year warranty, it's the manager's discretion as to whether a replacement (of a different handset) would be given or not.

i'm on m 8th treo and still having problems (horrible battery life since the firmware update & loose vibrator) i spoke to someone at sprint and complaine about being on my 8th treo and suggested that when the 600 came out i could trade my 300 in for it. she said ok and made a note on my account. she sounded real understanding. BUT it is still up to the disgression of the sprint store to make the swap. luckily i'm pretty friendly with the folks there. so we'll see. the key is complain until you get the right person. make sure you speak to a "team lead".
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by treoneo

i'm on m 8th treo and still having problems (horrible battery life since the firmware update & loose vibrator) i spoke to someone at sprint and complaine about being on my 8th treo and suggested that when the 600 came out i could trade my 300 in for it. she said ok and made a note on my account. she sounded real understanding. BUT it is still up to the disgression of the sprint store to make the swap. luckily i'm pretty friendly with the folks there. so we'll see. the key is complain until you get the right person. make sure you speak to a "team lead".

Now you've got it

Treoneo,
    Do you have to have it swapped out at a service location? Couldn't they just mail you the 600 as soon as its in the warehouse? Just thinking that may be quicker.....or not. Good idea too...if my ringer continues to act this way I am going to tell them I'd rather have a thumboard model that actually rings... I'd imagine the 600 would do so since its dual band.
    Attached are some of the pictures displayed in the marketing breif. As you can see, they are both the gunmetal color, but one has the bulge in the earpiece and one doesnt....
    Cool pictures! Thanks for posting them. Nice to see the product really coming so close to release.

And I agree, laughing at customers and calling their phones "junk" is not good customer service, despite what I agree are unreasonable requests (even if Sprint does oblige sometimes). In your position, I think it would be a lot better if you laugh and call it junk only on the inside
    I never thought of that. As soon as the 600 is out I will talk to a customer service rep and see if I can get them to send one out to my home. If that doesn't work I'm hoping that one of my "friends" at the service center will swap it out. Incidentally when I was on my 4th or 5th replacement phone they suggested swapping it out for a Samsung I330. So they do swap for different models if you have the same problem with your current phone over and over again...
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by silverado

Cool pictures! Thanks for posting them. Nice to see the product really coming so close to release.

And I agree, laughing at customers and calling their phones "junk" is not good customer service, despite what I agree are unreasonable requests (even if Sprint does oblige sometimes). In your position, I think it would be a lot better if you laugh and call it junk only on the inside
    I was being sarcastic... If I actually laughed in customers faces, I probably would have been out of a job long ago!

However, there was one case where a customer wanted $300 for their old broken down StarTAC... it was very hard to keep my laughter in at that point, but I managed to handle it
    The talk time for digital mode is 4.0 hours (270 minutes)...
    I think 270 minutes is 4.5 hours....so all you battery worriers can settle down.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by scrinch

I think 270 minutes is 4.5 hours....so all you battery worriers can settle down.
    Then there was an error in the marketing breif...

Then there was an error in the marketing breif...
    Agreed....I've seen HS documents that have given the same information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treoneo,
    Do you have to have it swapped out at a service location? Couldn't they just mail you the 600 as soon as its in the warehouse? Just thinking that may be quicker.....or not. Good idea too...if my ringer continues to act this way I am going to tell them I'd rather have a thumboard model that actually rings... I'd imagine the 600 would do so since its dual band.
    The same comment was made to me when i brought my 4th treo in for the same problem with the lid breaking off. the retail store that i went to was even willing to trade the unit out for the samsung i330, but i knew about the 600 coming out and i decided to hold out.

im definitely looking for more than a discount but i certainly dont expect them to swap out the two phones evenly...
    DSDxp,

Had that been the very first StarTac I bought, for over $2000 including a spare battery, I might have asked for the same thing.....

However, there was one case where a customer wanted $300 for their old broken down StarTAC... it was very hard to keep my laughter in at that point, but I managed to handle it
    Jeff
    Originally posted by gregcoy

im definitely looking for more than a discount but i certainly dont expect them to swap out the two phones evenly...
    It happens quite a bit...
    I'll chime in with my 2 cents on the cost...

I think $500 is too much, but there will obviously be many early adopters and folks who find this device to be perfect for them that will disagree (as evidenced by many in this thread). I paid about $250 for my Treo 300 which I consider to be about right for the device at that time. I'd consider $250 to be fair for this device after rebates at this time. If there are rebates available, though, it looks like we're looking at something more like $400, and there may not even be any rebates from Sprint. Sprint's a bit insane lately, if you ask me. They want $650 for the Hitachi G1000 and $600 for the SPH-I500. This Treo 600 has a lot of impressive specs what with the OS5/ARM, MP3 playback, etc. But the screen's still only 160x160, there's no Bluetooth, and I predict that the pictures taken with the built-in camera will be of sub-par camera (though hopefully I'm wrong). Given that, $400-500 is too high, IMO.

I hate to sound like a Nokia 3650 cheerleader (I don't own one, honest - at least not yet). But you can get that phone for free, and the biggest thing it's missing compared to this Treo 600 is a thumbboard. That's no minor feature usability-wise, but it isn't a huge feature cost-wise. I had been looking forward to the Treo 600, but the low-res screen killed it for me, I think. I'm probably going to get a new PDA and combine it with a Bluetooth phone instead. More bulky? Yes. But a lot more functionality at a lower price ($300-400) than this Treo 600 at $500.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast