1.    #1  
    Hello, is anyone else getting a lot of SMS spam lately? I do not mean emailname@sprintpcs.com but SMS. I used to get SMS spam once in a while but over the last week it's become at least one a day and sometimes a few per day. Perhaps my phone number got on a list.

Does anyone know how to block SMS spam? I have not called Sprint yet. They are usually useless.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Maurice Frank
    Hello, is anyone else getting a lot of SMS spam lately? I do not

Does anyone know how to block SMS spam? I have not called Sprint yet. They are usually useless.

Thanks
    I get them too ... quite annoying ...

David
    I also have gotten a number of SMS spam messages the last 2 days -- about 30 or so. I have to think this is related to my getting a replacement Treo yesterday (my third in the last 4 months)-- I hadn't received any for a long time, then yesterday they started rolling in. If anyone knows how to block them I'd appreciate it -- they're all from "No Caller ID" and are long strings of nonsense numbers and letters. As usual, Sprint is useless -- they only suggested changing my user name or phone no.
    Not that this is directly related, but I was initially interested in the "Yahoo Alerts" that allow you to have Yahoo send SMS messages related to Top Stories, Sports, etc.

After signing up, I remembered back to the "Yahoo Groups" deal where they all of a sudden made your email address available to spammers unless you opted-out. That made me worry that they may do the same for your SMS number and start "selling" that to spammers also (in an Opt-out fashion). I immediately removed my SMS number from the Yahoo Alerts for fear that this may one day become the case.

Not saying is is happening, but that it could. Once your number is out there in some database......
    I was getting sexy come-ons & noticed that they were from AOL IM, which I was using from time to time. Changed my IM settings to block SMS receipt except from specific buddies & haven't received any since then. Just my own experience...hope it helps.