1.    #1  
    My contract with sprint is expiring soon so i am in the market for a new phone....would it be better for me to wait for the 600 or get the Nokia 9290 Communicator with T-Mobile?
    --Icy--
    Actually, if you are posting on this forum, were you expecting a bunch of Treo haters?

Of the bunch of PDA/Cell phone convergence devices, the Nokia 9290 is at near the bottom of the list. Here is a list of phones I would look at prior to looking at the Nokia, if you need a keyboard with Internet...

Treo 600
    Treo 300
    Treo 270
    Hitachi G1000
    Nokia 6800

And if you don't need a keyboard...
    Samsung I700
    Samsung I500
    Samsung I330
    SonyEricsson P810
    SonyEricsson P800

There are others, but these are the ones I think are better than the brick with very little software and hardly any PC integration that is the 9290.

Did I miss anything anybody???
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    Here is a list of phones I would look at prior to looking at the Nokia, if you need a keyboard with Internet...

Nokia 6800
    The 6800 is not a PDA, not even close. It's a standard Series 40 Nokia Phone with a keyboard. But in terms of functionallity it's not worthy to be even close to the other phones in the list.

Regarding the 9290 I'd have to agree that it's a brick. Most people I know that have this have a second phone that they use to carry arround with them. Mostly, they use a handsfree set when they make calls. But it has some interesting features: the keyboard is nice and the screen is 640x200. Also there are some intersting apps available for the Communicator. Depending on what you want to do, this might still be an option.

If you don't want a laptop but need the functionality and screen size the Communicator would be interesting for you. If you need a lightweight PDA with integrated phone capabilities the models in the list (with the exception of the 6800) should be more interesting.

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0