Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have verichat and cant seem to recieve messages...i can send them fine but when someone sends me an IM it doesnt work while on staqndby or in the app...ive contacted pda-apps and wouldnt you know it..no reply for 2 weeks now
    --Icy--
    Have you tried re-installing it? That seemed to take care of some issues with the latest version. I'm surprised you haven't heard from pdaapps support though - they're usually right on top of things.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Are you able to receive an SMS to your Treo ? The VeriChat program requires this service to be working properly to function. If you go to http://messaging.sprintpcs.com can you send yourself a text message ? Also, re-authenticating with PDAApps sometimes helps. Has this ever worked for you ?
  4.    #4  
    tried reinatalling and yes i can receive SMS. I'm not suprised with PDAapps non-responsiveness....i have had problems with several of their products and sent many emails to none of which have been responded to.
    --Icy--
    I had the same problem. When I e-mailed support@pdaapps.com and got no response for a few days, I e-mailed info@pdaapps.com. That got a quick response. I don't know what they did, but they got it working. Try e-mailing them there if you haven't already.
  6.    #6  
    yried emailing them both...nothing so far...hmmm could the quality be sliding?
    --Icy--
    Originally posted by IcY300
    yried emailing them both...nothing so far...hmmm could the quality be sliding?
    Could be. This isn't freeware. It's something you paid for and they're obligated to help. I'd keep trying.
    I've noticed a similar issue.
    I can send IM's to my heart's content, but get no replies.
    For a while I just dismissed it as people being busy and
    not replying.

But now, I've found if I turn wireless off and back on then
    reload Verichat everything works. It seems like Verichat
    isn't able to acquire keep stable connections lately. I
    noticed this over the past 2 weeks or so. Funny, this seems
    to coincide with my strange battery drain problem.
    Originally posted by badtzmaru
    I've noticed a similar issue.
    I can send IM's to my heart's content, but get no replies.
    For a while I just dismissed it as people being busy and
    not replying.

But now, I've found if I turn wireless off and back on then
    reload Verichat everything works. It seems like Verichat
    isn't able to acquire keep stable connections lately. I
    noticed this over the past 2 weeks or so. Funny, this seems
    to coincide with my strange battery drain problem.
    I don't have to turn the radio off. After I log in, I exit VeriChat, go back to the launcher, then launch it again. Once I do that, it always works. I'll IM my screen name on my computer that has an away message so I know it's working if I get the response. Sure enough, as long as I exit the program and then go back, it works like a charm.
    My problem has gotten worse.
    I've sent the following email to PDAAPPS and will
    update you as to the resolution:

> Hello,
    >
    > I have a Treo300 with Sprint PCS service.
    > About a month ago, I noticed my ability to
    > receive instant messages via AIM was pretty
    > unreliable. I could send IM's, but often
    > would not get any responses. I found that
    > exiting Verichat, turning off wireless, then
    > turning back on wireless and re-entering
    > Verichat (and reconnecting to Sprint) would
    > help.
    >
    > This changed about a week ago when I noticed
    > I NEVER received any IM's via AIM, regardless
    > of what I do to try to reconnect. Yahoo
    > Messenger, meanwhile, continues to function
    > normally. I deleted 1.76 and installed the
    > latest version (1.87) thinking that might help.
    >
    > I am still having the same problem. I can
    > connect to AIM, see my buddy list, and send
    > instant messages. People do receive them, but
    > the responses are never sent to my phone.
    >
    > HELP!
    Originally posted by badtzmaru
    My problem has gotten worse.
    I've sent the following email to PDAAPPS and will
    update you as to the resolution:

> Hello,
    >
    > I have a Treo300 with Sprint PCS service.
    > About a month ago, I noticed my ability to
    > receive instant messages via AIM was pretty
    > unreliable. I could send IM's, but often
    > would not get any responses. I found that
    > exiting Verichat, turning off wireless, then
    > turning back on wireless and re-entering
    > Verichat (and reconnecting to Sprint) would
    > help.
    >
    > This changed about a week ago when I noticed
    > I NEVER received any IM's via AIM, regardless
    > of what I do to try to reconnect. Yahoo
    > Messenger, meanwhile, continues to function
    > normally. I deleted 1.76 and installed the
    > latest version (1.87) thinking that might help.
    >
    > I am still having the same problem. I can
    > connect to AIM, see my buddy list, and send
    > instant messages. People do receive them, but
    > the responses are never sent to my phone.
    >
    > HELP!
    Good luck. If you don't get a response this time, ask for your money back and threaten to go the BBB if they don't fix your problem or give you refund.
    I don't suppose you questioned anyone at Sprint since the 300 doesn't support SMS to start with? I continue using VeriChat quite happily on my 270 with T-Mo....
    Originally posted by Alli
    I don't suppose you questioned anyone at Sprint since the 300 doesn't support SMS to start with? I continue using VeriChat quite happily on my 270 with T-Mo....
    If it was a matter of SMS compatibility, then it wouldn't work at all. I had some problems for a while but now Verichat works just fine for me. And asking Sprint wouldn't get you anywhere, they don't support 3rd party apps.
    Well, Yahoo Messenger works fine via Verichat.
    And AIM works fine sometimes.

The response I got from PDAApps mentioned that I might
    have too many buddies on my buddy list. I cleared some
    off and sure enough, I can now receive IM's.

The original problem hasn't gone away though.
    I still have to exit and relaunch Verichat frequently to
    continue receiving IM's.
    I'm experiencing some similar problems, and I do not have a lot of buddies. I basically use it for 5 people and work and about 10 friends. I can send and receive fine when I'm active, but when I close the lid, it goes into standby mode and my status shows as away. Then, I don't get any IM's.

I have two AOL s/n's, and I've tested this extensively between my 300 and my desktop.

Has it always show your status as away when the lid was closed?
    Originally posted by WFTarHeel
    I'm experiencing some similar problems, and I do not have a lot of buddies. I basically use it for 5 people and work and about 10 friends. I can send and receive fine when I'm active, but when I close the lid, it goes into standby mode and my status shows as away. Then, I don't get any IM's.

I have two AOL s/n's, and I've tested this extensively between my 300 and my desktop.

Your problem has been discussed before. I think you are running into a Verichat upgrade bug. Delete Verichat and install it again and that will fix this problem.

I'm not any more likely to miss IM's when I'm active or not. Do you have it set to send you a text message when you're out of the program? If you don't have that option selected, you'll get the IM, but you won't see it until you go back into VeriChat.

If I just exit VeriChat, I'm not away. I have to put up an away message for that.
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

Do you have it set to send you a text message when you're out of the program? If you don't have that option selected, you'll get the IM, but you won't see it until you go back into VeriChat.
    I don't think I've ever seen that option. I haven't changed any options, but it used to pop up a message and I could click on "Chat" or "Ignore" or a "QuickReply" but I don't get that any more.

I'm going to uninstall and upgrade to the latest and see if that fixes it.

I don't think I've ever seen that option. I haven't changed any options, but it used to pop up a message and I could click on "Chat" or "Ignore" or a "QuickReply" but I don't get that any more.

I'm going to uninstall and upgrade to the latest and see if that fixes it.
    Oops, it alwas has the pop-up. The option is if you want it to beep and/or vibrate or neither. Sorry. But yeah, it's supposed to pop up and let you either go into the app to chat, send a quick response, a preset message, or ignore it.
    OK, it works now after re-installing. Thanks for the help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast