Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    This may have been posted, and if it has, please no flames..

Just spoke with a Sprint Cust Rep (plain 'ol *2) to get Directory Assistance Calls taken off my bill (Blackout '03 generated, and they did take them off!) and I asked about the Treo 600. Gentleman didn't know nothin.. However, he did a search on their internal company web site, and he did tell me information stating the following (This is an internal sprint document received ) from Handspring :

The phone should be available September 10th (Handset Approval).

That is what it said. This could simply mean that it will be available to Sprint to do what they will with it on the 10th, it could mean the phone will be released earlier then we all thought. Honestly, I don't know what to make of it, especially considering it's not a Sprint document, but a Handspring one. Just wanted to post to make everyone aware of what I found out.
    we'll see......
    For whatever its worth, I've been to Handspring three times in the last six or seven weeks.
    I've spoken to three different employees, and I was told the same thing each time: "October" (once) or "Early October" (twice).
    Handspring's own press release said Q4. Early Sept. isn't Q4.
    Hope all of this is wrong and we do get it in two weeks.
    Originally posted by cue79

The phone should be available September 10th (Handset Approval).

That is what it said. This could simply mean that it will be available to Sprint to do what they will with it on the 10th, it could mean the phone will be released earlier then we all thought.
    I don't think this means anything to be honest....I mean, sure it could, but I doubt it. This was, as the rep said, an internal document. There are so many dates wrapped up in those documents that its probably left best kept internal.

I wouldn't read into it but thanks for the heads up!