Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Anyone have this problem......when I hotsync my Treo 300, my windows XP crahes about 40% of the time!!!! The screen looks like it briefly goes into DOS mode/reboot mood, then the whole compuuter crashes and reboots!!!!! Only when I hotsync. I have NOT installed any new programs and I have updated the desktop for TREO 300 on the handspring site. Any thoughts???? Thanks!!
    Originally posted by amakh007
    Anyone have this problem......when I hotsync my Treo 300, my windows XP crahes about 40% of the time!!!! The screen looks like it briefly goes into DOS mode/reboot mood, then the whole compuuter crashes and reboots!!!!! Only when I hotsync. I have NOT installed any new programs and I have updated the desktop for TREO 300 on the handspring site. Any thoughts???? Thanks!!
    Have you tried reinstalling the Handspring desktop software? Or completely uninstalling and then resintalling from scratch?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Unfortunately I've reinstalled the desktop about 4 times trying to fix it!!! Any other thoughts??
    Originally posted by amakh007
    Unfortunately I've reinstalled the desktop about 4 times trying to fix it!!! Any other thoughts??
    If you've done a complete uninstall and then reinstall from scratch, I'm not sure what else to tell you. If it's crashing your PC but nothing goes wrong with the Treo, it sounds like a PC issue all the way. You might want to try reinstalling Windows.
    I'm having a similar problem. About half the time when I'm plugging the Treo into the sync/charge cable attached to my Win2000 machine at work, the computer freezes. No mouse movement, no keyboard awareness, no nothing. The "OFF" button is all that works. So now I only plug in the cable in the morning before I boot the computer.

(flyers81...nice avatar! Which one is your sister?)
    Originally posted by scrinch
    I'm having a similar problem. About half the time when I'm plugging the Treo into the sync/charge cable attached to my Win2000 machine at work, the computer freezes. No mouse movement, no keyboard awareness, no nothing. The "OFF" button is all that works. So now I only plug in the cable in the morning before I boot the computer.

(flyers81...nice avatar! Which one is your sister?)
    That sounds strange. Again, other than a conflict or corruption with the hotsync software or maybe the USB drivers, I don't know what the problem would be.

Heh, I don't think Britney or Madonna are my sisters. Thank god too. That would just be sick.
    By chance do you have a dual processor machine, palm software isn't dual CPU compatible. The only thing I found to get around it was to disable one cpu.
    Last edited by JakePratt; 09/01/2003 at 12:45 AM.
    If you are using USB, try plugging into a different USB socket on the PC. The driver is probably corrupted for that socket. When you plug it into a different one, the drivers will reload like it was the first time. It should work then. If it does not, go spend 30-40 bucks for a USB2 card for your PC motherboard. This will have all kinds of great benefits as well and most of your devices will work better even if they do not support USB 2 and work as legacy USB
    JON
    Originally posted by JakePratt
    By chance do you have a dual processor machine, palm software isn't dual CPU compatible. The only thing I found to get around it was to disable one cpu.
    Really? Is that documented somewhere? I also have a dual-CPU machine that crashed often when hotsynching. The blue screen would indicate problems with VisorUSB.sys. However, I also had crashes with USB printers.

The only USB device that didn't crash the machine was a mouse. Unfortunately the USB2.0/Firewire card I bought won't install because of the dual CPU.

I now synch to my laptop only.
    I received the same error, and I do have a dual PIII system. The only way I got around the problem was to find the old SPRINT version of the software. I guess the newer versions of the software aren't compatible
    I had the exact same problem on my laptop. At first, I experienced it with pdanet. As soon as I logged on and it tried sending packets, it either completely froze to where nothing would work except removing the battery or it would bluescreen and reboot.

I thought it was a pdanet issue for a while, but then the same thing happened one night while trying to hotsync. Then it clicked that in both instances, I had my treo plugged in to the same usb port. I have four usb ports on mine, so I tried another port. It hotsynced fine and pdanet worked great too.

I faintly remember the salesperson I bought the laptop from saying that the laptop has both usb 1 and usb 2 ports. But the documentation does not show anything about this. I am working fine now, but for my reference, is there a way I can check the usb version of a usb port on my laptop?