1.    #1  
    My Sprint contract is about to expire. I've got a Treo 300 which Sprint subsidized last year after I threatened to leave. Now its time to renew and I want to get an equipment allowance for the 600. Has anyone had any success lately with Sprint on this front?
    Originally posted by paulshu
    My Sprint contract is about to expire. I've got a Treo 300 which Sprint subsidized last year after I threatened to leave. Now its time to renew and I want to get an equipment allowance for the 600. Has anyone had any success lately with Sprint on this front?
    Are you sure that getting your Treo 300 didn't extend your contract? I'd be careful about that. As far as the Treo 600 goes, it's not out yet, half the CSR's have no clue about it, so I don't think you can get any kind of deal on it yet. At least not until it gets closer to launch date.
    Agreed. Now is probably not the best time to negotiate such an incentive since most reps don't even know about it...I guarantee that when the 600 does arrive that SPCS will be offering incentives on it though. I got the I330 for $100 when it came out amidst rumors that there would be no credits offered....and so did many others!
    However, one guy over at pdaphonehome did somehow negotiate himself into a free upgrade when the new model came out....and this was the store manager that offered him the deal to get him to sign a contract.
  4.    #4  
    Obviously its too early to ask for a credit toward the treo 600. I'm assuming , however, that they will give me an equipment allowance toward any phone. This is what they did last year when I threatened to leave. I just happpened to apply my credit ot the treo 300
    Well sure they'll do that....its almost a given if you speak to them correctly. I was under the impression that you were looking to get something a little bit more substantial than a $100 service credit though.
  6.    #6  
    What makes you say $100 is standard? I got a $250 equipment allowance last year.
    Originally posted by paulshu
    What makes you say $100 is standard? I got a $250 equipment allowance last year.
    details? what was the situation? why did they give you such a large allowance?