Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    well i heard about the sgh-i500 being 160x160 and being able to support 320x320. im wondering what they meant by "support" and if treo 600 would be able to "support" the higher resolution. im just wondering if you wanted to run an app that needs a higher resolution would the OS crop the edges for you or display the middle of the graphics area or something.
    OK, this is not directed at anyone, nor ment to be a flame, just thining outloud.

I think the current Treo300 is pretty darn impressive, I know we have had issues with some not working and sucj, but I have been lucky with my past 4 HS products, including the 300. The 600 seems to be the cats meow. There is always a price to pay for trade off, IMO HS did a great job of meeting a lot of requests (I will wait till I use the 600 before I say 100%), But the lit looks good.

So here is my 2-cents.

The Camera beef- If the res is too low, then get a real camera, this is a smartphone and it's not priced at $800. I am into picture taking, and I will use my Kodak digital or my Cannon 35mm if I want a real pic. The camera on the 600 will do what I want it to, just give an example.

The screen beef- I don't think the current one is bad, other hten the sunlight deal. If you want a better screen, then carry a lap top. It's all in a trade off. IMO this smartphone is a phone and PDA first, the rest is all icing on the cake. I want longer talk time and PDA use then anything eles. The SD/IO is great, but the rest is just fluff IMHO, (camera, fancy screen and such).

To this day, I still use my 300 daily and think...WOW these guys were on the mark here, and the 600 is going to rock.

Just thinking outloud on this one, Matt
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I agree with you my man. Ive had my treo 270 for almost a year and a half. Hell for the longest, T-Mobile reps didnt know what it was. I am able to do anything i wanted on my 270. All the issues I had with the 270 will be answered with the 600. The only issue i had with the 270 is the browser, and now that that is no issue i have no complaints.

I mean hell look at the pros of what the 600 is going to bring. A camera, an expansion slot, an MP3 audio/video player, javascript browser, even a "d-button" for your games!!! I know I have hell playing pac man with the current button setup. And, oh yeah, the phone is smaller.

And they arent taking anything away from the treo...

By the way, they are adding all that and arent adding to the most important spec THE PRICE

i welcome just having an MP3 player with me. I mean how much would an HTML enabled web phone, an MP3 player, and a low end digital camera cost alone??
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    OK, this is not directed at anyone, nor ment to be a flame, just thining outloud.

I think the current Treo300 is pretty darn impressive, I know we have had issues with some not working and sucj, but I have been lucky with my past 4 HS products, including the 300. The 600 seems to be the cats meow. There is always a price to pay for trade off, IMO HS did a great job of meeting a lot of requests (I will wait till I use the 600 before I say 100%), But the lit looks good.

So here is my 2-cents.

The Camera beef- If the res is too low, then get a real camera, this is a smartphone and it's not priced at $800. I am into picture taking, and I will use my Kodak digital or my Cannon 35mm if I want a real pic. The camera on the 600 will do what I want it to, just give an example.

The screen beef- I don't think the current one is bad, other hten the sunlight deal. If you want a better screen, then carry a lap top. It's all in a trade off. IMO this smartphone is a phone and PDA first, the rest is all icing on the cake. I want longer talk time and PDA use then anything eles. The SD/IO is great, but the rest is just fluff IMHO, (camera, fancy screen and such).

To this day, I still use my 300 daily and think...WOW these guys were on the mark here, and the 600 is going to rock.

Just thinking outloud on this one, Matt
    Totally agree!

The camera is a convienience... It is great to take a picture "on the fly".

If you are going to a wedding, bring a real digital camera with 4 or 5 megapixels.

And the screen.. I mean really..... As long as you can see it and pictures look half decent like they do with the 300, that is all that is needed.

Any higher resolution will eat into battery life.. we need battery life!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12