1.    #1  
    I received this message, then I did a hard reset, now every time I try to sync it gives me this message.

How do I remove programs off of my computer, it keeps wanting to reinstall everything. I would rather not loose all of my info :-(

Any suggestions
    Are you using Business Connection? If so, you might want to uninstall/reinstall.
    I have had the same problem-
    I think it fixed after I reinstalled, but it took SEVERAL tries. Would like to hear how you fix...
  4.    #4  
    I am not sure what I am doing... but I uninstalled the business connection on my desktop then tried to sync again. It still gave me the "DataMgr.c, Line:8589, Index out of range" message. Am I doing it wrong, or do you think I have another problem?

Thanks for all of your help!!!
    This happened to me the one and only time that I left AIM without shutting it down. I couldn't get rid of the problem until I removed AIM. There have been several earlier threads on this problem. Some claim that other programs have caused the problem, but AIM seems to be the biggest culprit. Try searching on "8589."
    Originally posted by atwba
    How do I remove programs off of my computer, it keeps wanting to reinstall everything.
    Any suggestions
    Sure atwba! Just go into your backup folder thats in the Palm file and remove the suspected software....this way, when you sync after the hard reset, the software will not be returned to the PDA.