1.    #1  
    For those that have listened to the ringtones in that article and have or do own a Treo. Do those new ringtones sound any better than the ones on previous Treos?

Just curious as I've never owned a Treo myself...but that may change soon!

Thanks
    Will the Treo 600 be able to play .wav files for ringtones, message and alarm tones? And can these tones be changed to any .wav file we upload to the phone?

It may sound trivial, but this is important to me as I've gotten used voice tones on my P800 for alerting me of new SMS's, e-mail, MMS, appointments, wake up alarm and ringtones. What's great about WAV's is that you can use voices like: "Master, I have mail for you" for incomming messages, and real songs for a alarms, ringtones etc.

I'm really having second thoughts about getting a Treo 600 if this is not possible, in addition to not having a voice recorder. My main reason for looking at the Treo is the keyboard, but if it won't be able to do half the things my P800 can do, I don't know if it's worth the change.
    Originally posted by Ares
    Will the Treo 600 be able to play .wav files for ringtones, message and alarm tones? And can these tones be changed to any .wav file we upload to the phone?

It may sound trivial, but this is important to me as I've gotten used voice tones on my P800 for alerting me of new SMS's, e-mail, MMS, appointments, wake up alarm and ringtones. What's great about WAV's is that you can use voices like: "Master, I have mail for you" for incomming messages, and real songs for a alarms, ringtones etc.

I'm really having second thoughts about getting a Treo 600 if this is not possible, in addition to not having a voice recorder. My main reason for looking at the Treo is the keyboard, but if it won't be able to do half the things my P800 can do, I don't know if it's worth the change.
    I really hope the Treo 600 CAN play .wav files for ringtones, message and alarm tones because I honestly was not very impressed with the three samples of new Treo 600 ringtones that they gave us.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle