1.    #1  
    A question for all you intelligent members in the know....

I am looking for a Sprint PCS phone that can play live streaming audio off the internet. At home, on my computer, the website allows me to listen to the streaming audio (live football games) via either Windows Media Player or Real Audio Player. Anyone know if the Treo 600 will be capable of playing streaming audio? If yes, any special software add-on required? If no, any idea if the Samsung i700 or the Hitachi G1000 or another phone will be able to/ can?

Thanks for the information.
    Originally posted by jetjock
    A question for all you intelligent members in the know....

I am looking for a Sprint PCS phone that can play live streaming audio off the internet. At home, on my computer, the website allows me to listen to the streaming audio (live football games) via either Windows Media Player or Real Audio Player. Anyone know if the Treo 600 will be capable of playing streaming audio? If yes, any special software add-on required? If no, any idea if the Samsung i700 or the Hitachi G1000 or another phone will be able to/ can?

Thanks for the information.
    Currently there are no Palm OS 5 apps for streaming audio or video. There is currently a player in development called mmplayer that will support streaming, but it is still in beta stage. However, Sprint has recently announced a service with RealOne to stream audio to SprintPCS phones. This apparently will include audio clips as well, and I imagine this will be compatible with the Treo 600 as well...

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $G1000$, $i700$... $there$ $are$ $several$ $streaming$ $apps$ $available$ $on$ $PPC$. $PPC$ $Windows$ $Media$ $Player$ $can$ $stream$ $audio$ $and$ $there$ $are$ $several$ $3rd$ $party$ $solutions$ $as$ $well$ $like$ $Replay$ $Radio$ $etc$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply...forgive my ignorance....PPC ???

Also, the website will only allow WMP and RAP as selectable options for downloading the live stream. Any idea if MMPlayer would work as a substitute or would the website have to make it a selectable option as well?

Also, are you saying that any phone (i700/G1000) will be capable of downloading streaming WMA as long as it is running the Windows Pocket PC Phone Edition OS?.. or would that require a third party app compatible with selecting the WMA or RAP feed?

Thanks again.
    PocketPC. Microsoft's product. There are bunch of nifty products over there. For my money nothing beats the features and form factor of the Treo series.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Currently there are no Palm OS 5 apps for streaming audio or video. There is currently a player in development called mmplayer that will support streaming, but it is still in beta stage. However, Sprint has recently announced a service with RealOne to stream audio to SprintPCS phones. This apparently will include audio clips as well, and I imagine this will be compatible with the Treo 600 as well...

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $G1000$, $i700$... $there$ $are$ $several$ $streaming$ $apps$ $available$ $on$ $PPC$. $PPC$ $Windows$ $Media$ $Player$ $can$ $stream$ $audio$ $and$ $there$ $are$ $several$ $3rd$ $party$ $solutions$ $as$ $well$ $like$ $Replay$ $Radio$ $etc$...
    Considering right now only PPC devices can stream audio, that's probably the reason why Sprint charges PPC users twice as much for Vision and not Palm users. I'm afraid once the Palm has the ability to do this, we'll have to purchase two Vision packs as well...
    Hmm...I have a G1000 and it never even occurred to me to try and see if I could get streaming audio over it. Purplex was right, I don't push my PPC hard enough.
  7.    #7  
    Monkey...

I'd be very appreciative if you would try your G1000 for me.
    Any live streaming audio site on the net that requires WMP or RAP will do.

Thanks