Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Hi Nzmoko,
    I live in Geneva too, and I am very curious what Orange people (your brother perhaps ?) know about the new treo's avaibility in Switzerland. Is there marketing plan for upgrading from old treo (180 or 270) ?
    Originally posted by BleedingEdge
    Ok, I've looked thru some of the snaps on my desktop taken a couple wks back. I've uploaded 1 picture to Stephman (sorry, rest were personal) that I took of my notebook (max brightness) when installing the Treo600 CD. As mentioned, there isn't auto-focus, so it looks pretty bad ... Or maybe my expectations is too high?
    or maybe you suck as a photographer?

j/k
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Pic taken with Treo 600 is up...
    Thanks goes out to BleedingEdge!

All Treo 600 pics

Pic taken with Treo 600
    http://www.stephman.com/treo600/imag...5Aug03_jpg.jpg
    that pic is baaaaaaaaaad. but then again...looks like it's dark...and taking a pic of the monitor isnt going to turn out all that good anyway....
    Originally posted by yeah yeah
    that pic is baaaaaaaaaad. but then again...looks like it's dark...and taking a pic of the monitor isnt going to turn out all that good anyway....
    Agree on all fronts. BleedingEdge, if you still have access to the T600, please take more sample pics! I'd recommend a few indoor shots under various lighting conditions, and several outdoor shots (again, differently lighting conditions). I'm no professional photographer, but I believe I read once that the best conditions for good photos is actually on a sunny but overcast day, as the clouds diffuse the light. Distant and close ups (e.g. - flowers) are good ideas. You've got nothing better to do, right?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Originally posted by purpleX

Please also note the size.
    The so called "unwiledy giant", "clunky brick", "Gozilla only Microsoft" can come up with, are about 15-20% larger. The XDA II will roughly be about the same size.
    The MAJOR deal-breaker for the XDA for me was the size.
    Too uncomfortable fit in my pockets, whereas the Treo 270 is just about OK. The 600 will be nicer
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Actually, the pic posted taken with the 600 look very similar in quality to those taken with my SE t610 and P800. The P800 has some setting options that make for a bit better quality, but not by much.

Look, these cameras showing up in phones right now are what...300,000 pixels? What kind of quality do you expect? You can expect mostly lower-quality, blurred shots. The only time I get a shot to come out looking half-way decent is when everything is completely still and at a short distance away.

Looks good enough for me...
    Originally posted by BNelson
    Look, these cameras showing up in phones right now are what...300,000 pixels? What kind of quality do you expect? You can expect mostly lower-quality, blurred shots. The only time I get a shot to come out looking half-way decent is when everything is completely still and at a short distance away.
    I feel like I'm going around in circles. As I said before, what I expect is something at least as good (and hopefully better) than the now 1+ year old Nokia 3650. Believe me, the photos from the 3650 are noticeably better than the P800. And I have no doubt that manufacturers can produce better photo quality than they have been at 640x480. One way to test this theory out is to simply take a picture with a modern camera but set the resolution to low.

Scott
    Last edited by Scott R; 09/05/2003 at 06:13 PM.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Originally posted by Scott R
    I feel like I'm going around in circles. As I said before, what I expect is something at least as good (and hopefully better) than the now 1+ year old Nokia 3650. Believe me, the photos from the 3650 are noticeably better than the P800. And I have no doubt that manufacturers can produce better photo quality than they have been at 640x480. One way to test this theory out is to simply take a picture with a modern camera but set the resolution to low.

Scott
    Hey Scott, you're absolutely right about the low camera quality of the Treo600. I just read an article about the upcoming 2 MP cameras soon to be released in Japan. There was a review comparing the image quality of pics from stand alone digital cameras to equivalent camera phones and the differences were miniscule. The camera phone images were simply amazing. Simply put, 640x480 cameras in phones today are way behind what is currently available in the newest camera phones, probably 2 generations old. Heck, I think I send that article to you can take a look at it!...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345