Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    i know how to assign the lower 4 buttons to launch different apps but how do you assign them when using the blue button to shift and then hit the buttont o launch a application.

i tried a search on this but could not find anything.

thanks.
    -e
    Originally posted by evperry
    i know how to assign the lower 4 buttons to launch different apps but how do you assign them when using the blue button to shift and then hit the buttont o launch a application.

i tried a search on this but could not find anything.

thanks.
    -e
    Buttons-T or TreoButton will do that for you. Check them out here: http://www.treocentral.com/content/P.../detail-80.htm
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    thats exactly what i was looking for.

thanks!
    thats exactly what i was looking for.

thanks!
    No problem.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    quick question. i still dont see how to do the option + button thing......

what am i missing?
    quick question. i still dont see how to do the option + button thing......

what am i missing?
    Which program are you using? I use TreoButton. For that, go into the app from the launcher, and there you can assign the buttons, buttons with option, and buttons with shift.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    ok i see. i used the t-button and the entire program is based on the option + button. it still uses the regular buttons program!

thanks bro.
    ok i see. i used the t-button and the entire program is based on the option + button. it still uses the regular buttons program!

thanks bro.
    Oh yeah, that's right. I haven't used Buttons-T much. I always used TreoButtons and it doesn't use the regualr buttons preferences. No problem man.
    FYI, TreoButtons allows you to assign Shift-Button as well. Pretty nifty.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    FYI, TreoButtons allows you to assign Shift-Button as well. Pretty nifty.
    Yeah, I already mentioned that.

Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

Which program are you using? I use TreoButton. For that, go into the app from the launcher, and there you can assign the buttons, buttons with option, and buttons with shift.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    The program works great, I do however think that this should be built in, not a download.

-e
    The program works great, I do however think that this should be built in, not a download.

-e
    That would be nice, but it's free so I'm not really complaining.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    yea man your right, they probably just forgot and have corrected for the new 600.

the best phone on the planet right now in my opinion.
    yea man your right, they probably just forgot and have corrected for the new 600.

the best phone on the planet right now in my opinion.
    So far it looks like it. It has its flaws like anything else, but so far, it seems better than anything else. All it needs is a removable battery, 65k color screen, and I'd be set. I don't care about BT or need a 320x320 screen.
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

Yeah, I already mentioned that.

Ah, you did. So I'll point out that only TreoButton lets you do that. Buttons T doesn't.

(Forever inflating my post count)
    I was using Buttons-T before, but somehow lost the app after upgrading the ROM the time before last. This time I decided to try Treo Button, just to see if it was any better. Does anyone know what the "Shift Launch" check box at the bottom of the screen does? I checked it and it immediately notified me that it was going to do a soft reset on my device, which it did. But what is the purpose of having this checked? Thanks,

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    It allows you to enable Shift+Button launches. So pressing a button launches an app, pressing option-button launches a second app and pressing shift-app lauches a third.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    It allows you to enable Shift+Button launches. So pressing a button launches an app, pressing option-button launches a second app and pressing shift-app lauches a third.
    Thanks. I wonder why it had to reset my device to enable this?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Does TreoButton allow you to modify Speeddial position #1--permanently set by Hanspring to be voicemail? This is highly annoying to me, I NEVER use it and it prevents me from using the best button for the # I use most.
    Originally posted by F1Turbo
    Does TreoButton allow you to modify Speeddial position #1--permanently set by Hanspring to be voicemail? This is highly annoying to me, I NEVER use it and it prevents me from using the best button for the # I use most.
    I'm able to change the speed dial buttons, including the first one without a problem. TreoButton has nothing to do with it, it's for changing the functions of the four hard buttons.