1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am considering saying goodbye to my phoneline at home and replacing it for a voice-over-IP set-up. I will get some box to connect my cable-modem and to that thing I can connect any ordinary phone.

But there is a catch. I can't send faxes through that line, I can only talk. Occassionally I have paperwork that I have to fax to bureaucrats. I fax it from my iBook, because I refuse to buy a printer just for their paperwork.

Could I employ my Treo 270 for faxing? The faxsoftware I can find assumes that I write the fax on the Treo. I can't, because I am faxing a form I have scanned or downloaded as a PDF. I doubt that I can sync the PDF or JPG to the Treo and fax it from there?

Could I employ my Treo as a USB faxmodem? Using the WirelessModem software from NotifyMail I can already use my Treo as a USB modem so I can connect to the internet. Perhaps I can use it as a faxmodem also?

An alternative would be perhaps to use www.tpc.int to fax the documents in Word-format. Not really practical.

TIA,
    ReindeR
    There are online services that act like a fax machine. They sit on your computer as a printer driver so you can fax pretty much anything.
    I use J2's service for this.

Geoffrey

Originally posted by KRamsauer
    There are online services that act like a fax machine. They sit on your computer as a printer driver so you can fax pretty much anything.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by gmaugham
    I use J2's service for this.

Geoffrey

15$ a month for the one or two faxes (if any) I send is a bit too much. I still prefer to tweak my Treo in such a way that I can do it with the equipment I already own. I don't mind a one-time only investment in some software.
    ReindeR