1.    #1  
    I am using a Treo 270 and wanted to know if there is a software that will enable SMS forwarding. Currently there is a setting on the Treo to forward phone calls but cannot forward SMS automatically. So if I have the calls sent to another GSM mobile phone, I can get the calls BUT will miss my SMS messages as they are sitting on the Treo. I know this would mean that I will have to pay for 2 messages but I have a real need for this. Does any one have any thoughts on how this can be accomplised ?
    Originally posted by Sunny
    I am using a Treo 270 and wanted to know if there is a software that will enable SMS forwarding. Currently there is a setting on the Treo to forward phone calls but cannot forward SMS automatically. So if I have the calls sent to another GSM mobile phone, I can get the calls BUT will miss my SMS messages as they are sitting on the Treo. I know this would mean that I will have to pay for 2 messages but I have a real need for this. Does any one have any thoughts on how this can be accomplised ?
    Hi,

maybe it would be a good and cheaper idea to
    ask your provider for a second SIM-chip associated
    to the same number,

over here in Europe lots of providers offer those
    Twin-card systems for years now (5 Euro more / month),
    where always the last network-booked-in SIM of those two
    gets the calls and also the SMS messages.

Regards

Markus
  3.    #3  
    Thank you Markus. I will have to check with Cingular if they offer such an option.

It would be great if it was a software solution, this will give you the flexibility to forward messages to a email ID or a phone with another carrier.

An example would be if you are traveling and your home carrier does not have roaming facility in the new region. You can get a pre-paid phone in the new region and set the SMS forwarding on your primary phone which will ensure that you do not miss SMS messages.

This way you voice, email, SMS all travel with you no matter where you are.