1.    #1  
    Does anyone know this? None of the current Treos support fax receive according to this chart from MarkSpace Fax. I would love if either the GSM or CDMA version of the Treo 600 supported the ability to receive faxes.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2.    #2  
    Does anyone know!!? I tried reading through the AirPrime Helium 1x EM3400 specs, but I couldn't find any info regarding what Fax Class this radio uses?

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. purpleX
    nope, image processing is too complicated for the file system. Try XDA plus this instead, so much for the 18,000 software title eh?

http://www.ksesoftware.com/products/.../pictures.html
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by purpleX
    nope, image processing is too complicated for the file system. Try XDA plus this instead, so much for the 18,000 software title eh?

http://www.ksesoftware.com/products/.../pictures.html
    *sigh* Please stop spreading your stupid spin! If even the ancient 6035 could receive faxes, then it prooves its purely a radio issue! Freakin XDA! Yeah, please give one to me so I can throw it at your head!!

5. purpleX
    Fax is using audio transmission, same as in standard line modem, but different protocol.

the QCP has a fax/modem hardware.

Obviously so far nobody bothers to write software modem emulation for POS. But if you think you can just rip QCP fax and installed it to treo 600, good luck. Hey, I am just spinning it right....

btw I am still waiting for that NX with BT you insist going to show up just like in europe. Hey maybe you could get that mythical device and throw it at somebody....

PS. get a clue.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by purpleX

btw I am still waiting for that NX with BT you insist going to show up just like in europe. Hey maybe you could get that mythical device and throw it at somebody....

PS. get a clue.
    What? R U Daft SKA! Here is the European Nx73:

http://shop.sonystyle-europe.com/Son...opId=SST_GB_EN

Are you so demented that you've forgotten how do to a search? Please, as i recall you were the one proclaiming the advent of the SPV2 by this September! But now we all know how much of a bunch of lies that was!

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/1164.html

LOL! What a freaking joke Purple-noodle! So much for that stupid roadmap of yours!

Edit: Btw, where is that damned Wanda? Have you got any real OEM committed to this yet, or R U gonna give me a link to the RF vender agian! LOL!

7. purpleX
    The september release of SPV2 was based on Orange's french web site. It could be tentative, it could be a total lie... The microsoft slide show definitely target SPV 2 to show up in store frimly before christmas buying season. (OCT, Orange Sept leak was definitely a surprise)

Everything could be delayed, as rumor floating around about smartphone 2k3 being slightly delayed. Or it wouldn't, just as SPVE100 promptly shows up when it supposes to show up.

But regardless there is no official saying the word, unlike Handspring fanning hype and now can't even bring out the device in good quantity by Oct. I wouldn't be surprise if Handspring hype treo 600 to death and by the end of the day couldn't deliver the hype on time, while SPV2 and V700 do what they suppose to do, take over europe and pave the way for 2k3 with camera and BT integrated NA models.

and for some weird reason I wouldn't be surprise if Fax receive apps wil show up in smartphone first before treo. lol....

but I put a low bet on it, ... (can't put everything on high bet can we?)
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Does anyone know!!? I tried reading through the AirPrime Helium 1x EM3400 specs, but I couldn't find any info regarding what Fax Class this radio uses?
    My guess is that it won't based on previous experience with other Palm based smartphones. The only device that can reliably receive faxes with Mark/Space Fax appears to be the Kyocera 6035. All the other devices I've tested do something weird and are lucky if they even send faxes. Fax doesn't appear to be a high priority on any manufacturer's list.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    gfunkmagic -

I believe you frquent the the Cliesource forum, so you may have seen this - AcidImage Pro. Although not a fax program, it does allow a user to view TIFF files and there are several e-mail services like eFax, jFax andothers that send faxes as TIFF files via e-mail.

Jim
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by sgruby

My guess is that it won't based on previous experience with other Palm based smartphones. The only device that can reliably receive faxes with Mark/Space Fax appears to be the Kyocera 6035. All the other devices I've tested do something weird and are lucky if they even send faxes. Fax doesn't appear to be a high priority on any manufacturer's list.
    *sigh* Sadly, I beleive you're probably right there Scott. I do not understand why manufacturers don't think this feature is a priority for consumers. Not everything today has shifted to email, and many people still rely on the functionality of faxes for everyday use. My goal is to only have one wireless device to fit all my communicatoins needs. I don't want to have a traditional landline line and was hoping to soley rely on the Treo600, including for sedning/receivng faxes... Alas I guess there will still be some things that a land line can do that the Treo cannot.

Originally posted by JHETZEL
    gfunkmagic -

I believe you frquent the the Cliesource forum, so you may have seen this - AcidImage Pro. Although not a fax program, it does allow a user to view TIFF files and there are several e-mail services like eFax, jFax andothers that send faxes as TIFF files via e-mail.

Jim
    Hey JHETZEL!

Yeah thanks for that link! I've actually been testing out Handstory as well for tiff viewing, but AcidImage Pro definitely looks like a much sleeker and powerful interface! It seems like an email fax service is gonna be the only workaround available...