1.    #1  
    So I got a post card from Sprint saying that if I buy the battery sled for my Treo that they'll give me $10 off so I can get it for the LOW LOW price of $89.99. Granted it triples talk time, but it doubles the size of the unit and it's still $90. Thanks but no thanks. I'm not spending any more money on my Treo 300... I'm saving up for the 600.
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81
    So I got a post card from Sprint saying that if I buy the battery sled for my Treo that they'll give me $10 off so I can get it for the LOW LOW price of $89.99. Granted it triples talk time, but it doubles the size of the unit and it's still $90. Thanks but no thanks. I'm not spending any more money on my Treo 300... I'm saving up for the 600.
    The funny thing about this is that the postcard for the battery sled was tailored to each user. One of the guys in my office got one offering $15 off, but I got one offering $30 off. I think it's because I call and ***** at them every month for getting my bill wrong.
    Carl
    and travel sites recalculate every seat every second. Makes it hard to compare.

I've already saved $49 off the treo 600 by not buying a cradle for the 300. Nor did I buy any additional headsets and only bought one case (the $12 brookstone one) which may fit the 600 just fine.
    Yeah, that new battery is a joke. Handspring should of included that battery in the original Treo 300. But then again if Handspring was on top of things, there would be no need for them to be acquired by Palm.

I have a car charger so it's no big deal.
    You gotta love them not showing a picture of the battery (read "huge ugly thing hanging on the back of your phone") in the add. If they were so proud of it, they would show it.

As a side note, I always love the icons that are shown on the sprint images of the Treo. You would think they would just use the default icons and not promote programs that are not included like Wordsmith or Hot Snake (that one cracks me up when ever I see it on their ads).
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I thought I read somewhere that the battery sled works with the 600 as well. Am I wrong?
    Originally posted by razorpit
    I thought I read somewhere that the battery sled works with the 600 as well. Am I wrong?
    While the connectors are the same (so battery dongles like those bought on ebay will work) the form factors are radically different so the form-hugging battery will probably not work.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Well that sounds like a typical Sprint/Handspring deal. Show up a year late to a party you invited every one to and wonder why no one was still there.

If this would have come out last year when I first bought my 300 I would have grabbed one of these without thinking twice but now that the 600 is around the corner and the 300 is pretty much end-of-life it makes no sense to purchase one of these sleds.

--Dave
    The postcard they sent me said it would cost me $79.99 after their discount.

No need to offer us the extra battery now that we all have learned to live with the lackluster battery life on the Treo 300 . I just keep my plugged into the charger sometimes when using it.

All I know is that battery life on the Treo 600 HAD BETTER BE FAR FAR SUPERIOR!

No way I'd buy that sled. I'm waiting for the Treo 600 and it BETTER be a WINNER. Else I don't plan to own anything else with the "Treo" name on it!