1.    #1  
    Does anyone out there use the "@sprintpcs.com" email address that comes with your treo w/vision? I've just been using AOL for aol mail, and Eudora to get to my Yahoo mailbox. I've tried to set Eudora up to get and or send mail out of my sprintpcs.com address, but no luck. Am I correct to assume that the only way to use this address is via TreoMail and Business Connect?

just curious - but I know this is the only place I'll ever get an answer, as opposed to "human contact" at sprint, or redirects to sprint from the Handspring website.

Treo 300: $449
    3 lines, 400 min: $95
    dealing with Sprint and Handspring: $ beyond calculation
    I access my SprintPCS.com e-mail address from Outlook on my home PC and using SnapperMail on my Treo.

Geoffrey
    I used to check it on the trial of snappermail too. but I can't work it on Eudora.
  4.    #4  
    Far out, I shoulda asked for continuing information ... Snappermail is a "payfor app", right? That's no big deal, but also, do you have to pay for BizConnect to get to your sprintpcs.com mailbox on the Treo? And thanks for the info so far !
    Far out, I shoulda asked for continuing information ... Snappermail is a "payfor app", right? That's no big deal, but also, do you have to pay for BizConnect to get to your sprintpcs.com mailbox on the Treo? And thanks for the info so far !
    I have never tried using snappermail cuz i know that its a payfor app... however, i access my sprintpcs mail using Eudora since it is free.. I even receive an SMS to let me know that there is an incoming mail on my sprintpcs via Eudora.

in regards to BizCon...you do NOT have to have the BizCon to get through your sprintpcs mail. I went through that route before, and the tech told me I am not supposed to do that anyways. BizCon can only be used with an ISP mail or something ( i never bothered to find out more ).
    I've been using Eudora to access my @sprintpcs.com and @sbcglobal.net accounts since the beginning. I've also setup both accounts to SMS me when I have new mail - then I fire up Eudora and retrieve them. Can't be any simpler except for push email of course.

Anyway, YES, you should be able to use Eudora to access your sprintpcs email.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    I've been using Eudora to access my @sprintpcs.com and @sbcglobal.net accounts since the beginning. I've also setup both accounts to SMS me when I have new mail - then I fire up Eudora and retrieve them. Can't be any simpler except for push email of course.

Anyway, YES, you should be able to use Eudora to access your sprintpcs email.
    how do you set it up
    First check to make sure that you've setup your email account at Sprint's website, i.e. you can send & receive email from your email webpage. Then setup your sprintpcs account on your Treo using Eudora with the Incoming server: pop.sprintpcs.com & Outgoing server: smtp.sprintpcs.com. Use default settings in the 'Security' tab. Then try it. If it doesn't work then you have to call Sprint's vision email support (I did this) and tell them to reset your email password to what you've set in Eudora. Do not let up until they physically go into your account and re-enter your password. I had to do this for two different accounts because they didn't work initially. Another test you could try to make sure that your Sprint email account is setup correctly at the website is to setup your desktop email client (mine is Outlook) with the same POP/SMTP settings and see if it can send & receive mail. Good luck.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 08/22/2003 at 05:44 PM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    How do yiu then configure SMS to notify you of new mail?
    How do yiu then configure SMS to notify you of new mail?
    This is how I configured SMS to notify me of my pcs mail... what you need to do is go to www.sprintpcs.com.. access your account.. then go to the My planner where you will find your PCS mail (NOT the address book one).. click on that.. then go to settings and preferences.. then click on the notification tab... there you will find choices such as forwarding, notification by email, and notification by pcs phone.. I went to the third choice (notification by sprintpcs..) and selected ALL message.. then that's it...and then make sure u click (DONE).

Test it by sending a message to yourself (username@sprintpcs.com)... and see if the SMS alert comes on. if there's a problem, come back and ask again..hehe...
    but remember, that's just How I do my alert on my treo.. you might like or might not like how I did mine...
    You can use a program called Email Notify that will send a text message to any POP3 and I believe IMAP e-mail account. That can work if you want notification for an address other than your SprintPCS address.
    My first pass through Google didn't help. Can you give me a link?

I think I remember this app- doesn't it require an 'always-on' PC? If so, it won't work for me, so the elusive search for a 'push mail' workaround continues...
    Originally posted by neill
    My first pass through Google didn't help. Can you give me a link?

I think I remember this app- doesn't it require an 'always-on' PC? If so, it won't work for me, so the elusive search for a 'push mail' workaround continues...
    Yeah, it's tricky to find. Here it is: http://www.dogspots.com/emailnotify/

Yeah it does require an always on PC and internet connection. It runs in the background of your PC and monitors your e-mail account. BTW, I was wrong about IMAP, it doesn't support that. It does say that it supports Exchange servers. But I never played around with that to get it to work with mine since I don't need to be alerted to my work e-mail when I'm not at work.

You're right, without an always on PC and internet connection, you would need true push technology or at least a server side SMS notification. What about forwarding all your e-mail to your SprintPCS account and then using the SMS notification method that was explained by laney?
  14.    #14  
    << with the Incoming server: pop.sprintpcs.com & Outgoing server: smtp.sprintpcs.com.>>

That was a great tip right there! I was mixing in a .pop. in the middle.... But there must be more than a grain of truth in this statement:

<<If it doesn't work then you have to call Sprint's vision email support (I did this) and tell them to reset your email password to what you've set in Eudora. Do not let up until they physically go into your account and re-enter your password.>>

I've tried to set these myself through the settings page at my sprintpcs mailbox webpage, but I still can't get Eudora (on treo or desktop) to get to my inbox. "Authenticatioin failure".

I could call Sprint CS, or just forward everything to my aol box, and use aol on the treo for everything. Geez, Sprint Customer Service, or AOL, nice corner I've backed myself into
    Originally posted by jmpetersen
    << with the Incoming server: pop.sprintpcs.com & Outgoing server: smtp.sprintpcs.com.>>

That was a great tip right there! I was mixing in a .pop. in the middle.... But there must be more than a grain of truth in this statement:

<<If it doesn't work then you have to call Sprint's vision email support (I did this) and tell them to reset your email password to what you've set in Eudora. Do not let up until they physically go into your account and re-enter your password.>>

I've tried to set these myself through the settings page at my sprintpcs mailbox webpage, but I still can't get Eudora (on treo or desktop) to get to my inbox. "Authenticatioin failure".

I could call Sprint CS, or just forward everything to my aol box, and use aol on the treo for everything. Geez, Sprint Customer Service, or AOL, nice corner I've backed myself into
    OUCH! That's gotta suck.
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    First check to make sure that you've setup your email account at Sprint's website, i.e. you can send & receive email from your email webpage. Then setup your sprintpcs account on your Treo using Eudora with the Incoming server: pop.sprintpcs.com & Outgoing server: smtp.sprintpcs.com. Use default settings in the 'Security' tab. Then try it.
    What do you use for username? And which password do you use (Sprint seems to give you several)?

Update:
    OK, I figured it out. I had to set (change?) my email password on the sprintpcs.com Web site. That's different from my Vision password which is different from my Voicemail password, which is different from my sprintpcs.com account password. I should have guessed.
    Last edited by msteger; 09/11/2003 at 03:46 PM.
    My wife started with Treo Mail and I with Endura. Treo Mail has a recurring charge. I then tried Snapper Mail and was impressed and purchased it immediately as did my wife. There are no recurring charges with Snapper Mail. Set up with Snapper Mail was very easy and fool-proof. Treo Mail limits you I believe to one account. Snapper Mail to no minimum as long is it is POP3. Overall a better program than Treo Mail. I use it to check my Roadrunner and Sprint accounts.

The incoming SMTP can be anything; the outgoing must be SMTP.SPRINTPCS.COM also be careful about setting your security settings. The default(s) will more than likely work.

Ben
    ---------------

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jmpetersen
    [B]Does anyone out there use the "@sprintpcs.com" email address that comes with your treo w/vision?
    I screwed myself by trying to get this working. People send me SMS's to my sprintpcs.com addy, so I want snapper to go get it. I thought it might be a password thing, so I changey:

My account passwd
    My PCS Vision passwd

To the same thing, and CS sees that password, but also see that it hasn't been pushed to my phone.
    So that means yup, no vision. I've gone as far as to hard reset my device, and still nothing. Official answer "wait a while, it'll fix itself" I did this before lunch, it's 4:30 now?

Nice, sprint, real nice. They said they've been having vision issues, they always seem to be.

BTW, I manually tried changing my password in Pref-Network. No go. <sigh>

FYI, dont go changing a bunch of things.