1.    #1  
    I know this may be a simple questrion for those who already have or had a palm device with removable memory, but I only have the Treo...

With Pocket PC, when you install a program, you can choose where it goes.. to the memory card or the internel memory.

When the 600 comes out, how does one go about managing and installing programs on an SD or other flashcard? I se eno such option when syncing...

Sorry if this is a simple question.

Mike
    Mike,

Palm OS 4 and above have what is called a virtual file system which allows you to manage files on internal memory and on expansion memory such as SD/MMC cards.

For the Treo 600, I suggest that you review the manuals. They discuss the expansion options. This story on TreoCentral tells you where to get the manuals for the Treo 600.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  3.    #3  
    Ok Thanks Inspector.

I did see something about memory in there, but was wondering if you can install programs right to a card without going to the treo first.. lke with the pocket PC operating system where they give u a choice.

Speaking of that...

I am curious why Palm sitll does not have automatic sync... I did enjoy with pocket pcs being able to have it automatically sync all day as long as it was in its cradle.

How come palm has never done anything like that and you still have to push to sync?

Anyone know?

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    How come palm has never done anything like that and you still have to push to sync?
    I like it like that. I hope they leave this alone.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    Ok Thanks Inspector.

I did see something about memory in there, but was wondering if you can install programs right to a card without going to the treo first.. lke with the pocket PC operating system where they give u a choice.
    It depends on the app and if it supports VFS. If it does, then it will give you the option of installing to the card...

Speaking of that...

I am curious why Palm sitll does not have automatic sync... I did enjoy with pocket pcs being able to have it automatically sync all day as long as it was in its cradle.

Anyone know?

Mike
    You can use 3rd party apps like Cradlesnd to do this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I think the easiest way to do this is to simply drag and drop the .prc filesdirectly to an SD card. I use a Zio, which is a tiny SD card reader, and the cards look like little hard drives to my laptop...