1.    #1  
    I got my 2nd replacement treo in the mail yesterday. One interesting thing to note, the plastic case has a slightly rougher texture feel, as if it was repainted.

The most interesting thing though... The Lid is much less springy. When opening it there is more overall tension, but less springy snap to open than my old one had. Maybe the spring is already broken? Maybe it was adjusted to not snap open.

Speaker phone is louder. Did a side by side comparo. The wonderful sprint lady was much more audible in my lab at work on the new phone than the old one.

That's about it... till the next phone anyway...
    I got a replacment also and noticed the same, but I am sure mine is new, I got all the accessorys that were in the box and all the plastic protector sheets were on the screen and flip, my original phone was the same also and the surface you feel will get polished during use and will feel like you other phone.
  3.    #3  
    This is my 2nd replacement, both of them had the protector screens on the inside and outside of the flip. This is the only treo that I've had that has this rough feel to it. The pain just is not as smooth as my other 2 were. Maybe it will get better, but I don't think I'll have it long enough to find out. I'm sending this one back due to turbo batery drain. We'll see what I get next.
    I just received a replacement phone and noticed the same thing. I don't think this is a refurb.

The last replacement phone I received (3 months ago) was smoother and the lid was more springy. Definately a difference.
    Check if it's a refurb....
    go to the phone app and dial "##786" and send
    See if it says "yes" or "no" in the refurbished area.
    Matt
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Check if it's a refurb....
    go to the phone app and dial "##786" and send
    See if it says "yes" or "no" in the refurbished area.
    Matt
    I tried that - all that happened was that I received the voice message "your call could not be completed as dialed".

Is the ##786 carrier specific? I was using Cingular.
    I believe it is. This is the Sprint 300 forum, so I figure it's for the 300 only.
  8.    #8  
    Just did the ##786 and my replacement is in face a refurb. Interesting thing to note, the life timer (minutes) is only 10,154. I have not sent my last phone back but I'll have to check it when I get home. I had it for 4 months, and I'm sure it's Well past that. So this refurb is newer than my last one.

I took the phone to one of the local sprint stores over the weekend and guess what?!?! Suprises of all suprises, it failed the diagnostics. I brought it to them because of 2 issues. The ringer was not working 100% of the time. Also, this phone appears to have the turbo battery drain problem.

How many phones will I go through before they give up and give me what I want? Any guesses? What I want is, one of a few options. Give me a refund for the phone, a discount on the i500, or a refurb i500. They told me they would give me a refurb, but there are none. I guess I can't complain about that seeing as it is a new phone.
  9.    #9  
    Got the new refurbished phone. The paint is not as rough as the one I got last week. The lid is even tighter than the one I got last week. Gata love Consistency

This one actually came with all updates, no need to load the updater.
    That life timer display simply cannot be total minutes used. Mine shows in excess of 71 MILLION minutes. Thats over 135 YEARS. So it indicates something else, not actual minutes of on time.

James
    Mine shows in excess of 71 MILLION minutes. Thats over 135 YEARS
    Wow, that phone is abused!
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by jcthorne
    That life timer display simply cannot be total minutes used. Mine shows in excess of 71 MILLION minutes. Thats over 135 YEARS. So it indicates something else, not actual minutes of on time.

James
    Ok, so much for that theory!
    My refurb says 1200 hours--I wish. My battery barely lasts 35 minutes of talk time. My original seemed to last about 3 hours. I told the Sprint Store and they said it is not a known problem and can not be tested and verified.

My refrb lid is a slightly darker shade than the body of the phone. Hopefully it is a stronger plastic than the original that was only 6 months old when the lid cracked apart.

Has anybody been able to solve the battery problem or have had a similar problem?

Thanks,

Howard
  14.    #14  
    Ok, had battery issues with the last replacemnt phone too. The sprint store gave me a brand new one out of a box. No battery issues yet!

The life timer after 3 days reads 498 minutes. That's about right for my usage. Who knows if there is anythign else that affects it as well though.
    Got third phone. New only 85 min and not refribished.

Battery, after fully chaged on standby drained to 50% on icon. I did get notice as I was getting it up that asked if I wanted to update. I did. Did I make a mistake?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I, too, am on my 3rd Treo. Just arrived today. The door hinge always gets me.

My last Treo lasted as long as the first - about 6 months.

Comparing them, I find:

The new one's life timer to be 415, the old was 71,601,408!

Both are refurbs.

The older one is newer - 9/02 compared to 6/02.

I allowed the new one to update itself. The old did so just last week. However, the new one has newer software:

PRL 10019 compared to 10018
    Firmware 1.21 compared to 1.02

I'd like to know if I have the most current updates installed and if I should do either or both of the firmware upgrades available. I've never had the battery drain problem before, but I'm willing to risk it if the updates are worthwhile otherwise.
    My ear piece jack gave up the ghost and I convinced PCS CS to send me a replacement. Received it overnight and it was a brand new phone with "0" minutes on the timer. PRL is two updates behind my original phone and the software version reports as "1.02" Battery life is much better and I'm leaving it as is. No more updates for me.

Bob Duckworth
  18.    #18  
    You know what surprised me the most about Sprints replacement policy?
    They have now replaced my headset twice under the warranty.
    I never use the Treo stuck to my head unless it's a quick call. I live for the headset. Maybe that's why I go through them so fast.

The first one they replaced the store does not carry the Treo headset so I bought it at an AT&T store and sprint credited my account for the $25 cost. hehe.

I never actually asked them to credit me, or replace the headset. I thought the jack was going out, so I took it in to get tested and they said it was in fact the headset and offered to replace it.

All my other complaints aside... Kudos for that one Sprint!