1.    #1  
    Anyone running this setup? I have the newest version of PDAnet 2.5, which does support win98se. I also have tried it on this desktop which runs Windows XP. On this computer works like a charm and connects instantly. But on the laptop it brings up the dial up modem login box...and there you need to input a username and password..which I don't need to do this right? Especially considering when using it on XP it doesn't do that, it pops up a box just saying it's connecting and it connects. I've fiddled with the settings, can't get it to work. I get this result clicking connect in the modem dial up box(without a username and password): 'cannot detect modem'

I know the pdanet modem is there, it's listed.. Anyone have suggestions? I MUST get this working by Saturday, or I won't be able to go on my honeymoon. Because I CAN'T leave town without an internet connection..have to do some work online every day at random times of the day.
    Originally posted by Shady12
    Anyone running this setup? I have the newest version of PDAnet 2.5, which does support win98se. I also have tried it on this desktop which runs Windows XP. On this computer works like a charm and connects instantly. But on the laptop it brings up the dial up modem login box...and there you need to input a username and password..which I don't need to do this right? Especially considering when using it on XP it doesn't do that, it pops up a box just saying it's connecting and it connects. I've fiddled with the settings, can't get it to work. I get this result clicking connect in the modem dial up box(without a username and password): 'cannot detect modem'

I know the pdanet modem is there, it's listed.. Anyone have suggestions? I MUST get this working by Saturday, or I won't be able to go on my honeymoon. Because I CAN'T leave town without an internet connection..have to do some work online every day at random times of the day.
    Look, I hope you do manage to get it to work (I have been trying also with 98SE, get a different problem, won't be able to test 2.5 til this evening, just before I leave town), but consider this:

If you are lucky, you will have just one honeymoon ("2nd honeymoon"s aside, I mean real honeymoon). You will have a lifetime ahead of you in which you will have compromise your relationship somewhat to accomodate work, but I implore you not to let that happen on your honeymoon. It sets a bad precedent both for your employers (who will believe they can walk all over you) and your spouse (who will think you feel your job is more important than he/she is). Talk to your employers before you leave, try to find some way to make this time solely about you and your spouse, and leave the phone at home.

The above assumes you have employers. If you are self-employed, then you have no business getting married! (running your business takes too much of your time to allow you to nurture a relationship).

Seriously, though, congratulations.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by guessed
    The above assumes you have employers. If you are self-employed, then you have no business getting married! (running your business takes too much of your time to allow you to nurture a relationship).
    Lol...this is the case. And I run it ALL by myself. So if I was to leave it alone for a few days, my business and reputation might be dead, and we might have fun on a honeymoon, but not long after coming back we might have to live in a cardboard box. That's why I said I CAN'T leave. Part of it is bad luck and bad planning. If I'd ordered a spankin new laptop early enough I could have it in time. But I got a cheapie just for this trip, which I plan to sell again. I can't just go to a store and get a new one, because the amount of customizing I'd need done, have to order it and have it built.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    If it's critical, just get a pre-paid internet card until you figure it out.
  5.    #5  
    How do I go about doing that and how does it even work?