1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm trying to decide whether I want a separate PDA and phone or perhaps the Treo 300 is what I want.

I don't need the internet. Simply the phone and the PDA. I want the ability to download programs to the PDA.

Would the Treo 300 work for me?

Thanks
    Kris
    Originally posted by kristines
    Hi,

I'm trying to decide whether I want a separate PDA and phone or perhaps the Treo 300 is what I want.

I don't need the internet. Simply the phone and the PDA. I want the ability to download programs to the PDA.

Would the Treo 300 work for me?

Thanks
    Kris
    If you want a phone and PDA converged into one device then the Treo 300 or 270 is a great choice. If you're with Sprint, you need the 300, if you have AT&T, Cingular, or T-Mobile, go with the 270. You don't have to use the internet with it, that would be an extra data plan. As for downloading programs, you would download the programs to your computer then sync them to the Treo.
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

If you want a phone and PDA converged into one device then the Treo 300 or 270 is a great choice. If you're with Sprint, you need the 300, if you have AT&T, Cingular, or T-Mobile, go with the 270. You don't have to use the internet with it, that would be an extra data plan. As for downloading programs, you would download the programs to your computer then sync them to the Treo.
    If, however, you want to be able to download programs directly to the device (without syncing), you may want to wait another month or two for the treo 600 (That is a rumoured feature). To do the downloading would require Internet of course.

I have found that I am only willing to carry one device. I used to have a Palm III and a cell phone competing for pocket space, and the phone won every time, so I never really got used to using the palm. Also, the question of your budget comes up. The treo 300 is a great choice for the budget-conscious convergence shopper, but if money is not a concern, the 600 is going to be amazing (check out the Treo 600 forum for more info). And, if money is truly not a concern, buy one for me, too .