1.    #1  
    Found this cool app which allows you to play .wav sounds on your Treo. There is a 'MusicPlayer' app included and some nice but fuzzy wav examples so when your Treo turns off/on, it makes a 'nice' noise.

Audio Driver
    www.gsmworld.com
    This works on the 270? You've tried it with wav files other than what they give you, or only what came with the app?
    I haven't loaded it yet as I would like to see more information or feedback prior to installing.

I have Tech Sounds full version on my Treo 270 and it covers splash screens and startup shutdown sounds.

I have also got Ringo.

So some of this functionality on this program is not required as I have got it covered through others.

I am interested in the fact it plays wave in its own right. As a music player. Is this true and how do you install the wave files to play on this program.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

4.    #4  
    Hi Alli,

Yes, I have it installed and so far it seems stable. I have used a few .wav files other than the ones which came with the app.

To answer Ancient_One,

The app comes with a PC (Windows) app. You litterally drag and drop your PC .wav file into the app and it is automatically converted to a .PDB file. Hotsync this file and hey presto!

Some files I tried to convert came up with a 'conversion error'. I thought it might be due to their size but other 'large' files seemed to work ok.

Downside:
    As the Treo has limited memory, obviously you are not going to install untold music...
    The sound through the Treo system speaker is very poor.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Well....there's a weekend coming up. Guess I'll chose an application to unload and give this one a trial run. Boy I can't wait for the 600 and an SD slot!
    Alli Alli Alli

Mate

Download and install Flyzip

This must be the best little space saving software out there.

Install this baby on your palm and zip up the games, applications, programs you don't use all the time and even if you do use them the program will unzip the program prior to use. Self extracting.

It cleared almost 8 times the amount of spare memory I had left in my Handspring Treo 270. From 1750 to well over 8000.

Do yourself a favour and download this little beauty.

FLYZIP - Palm software zip program
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)

Ancient One, Ancient One, Ancient One.....

FlyZip was last weekend's game.

I installed it Friday night to make sure it got a good shot. I happily zipped up all my big apps and went on about my business. Unfortunately it seems the big ones are the ones I use constantly and can't keep zipped.

Once upon a time my husband had a handy little app that zipped programs and then let you run them from their zipped location. Maybe I'll let him out of the doghouse long enough this weekend to see if he still has that, or remembers what it was, cause that's the only thing that could help me with my memory woes. <sigh>
    Alli,

If your husband comes up with the goods maybe you could let us all know what application he was using and where to find it on the net.

If its better then Flyzip, all would be interested I am sure.

Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour

Well, I let him out of the doghouse long enough for him to check his file history. It's called !PZip and is available here for $8.00, which isn't bad. Mind you, I haven't tried it on the Treo yet. Gonna do that shortly.

Ok...just took a good look at it, and it's more trouble than I'm willing to go through. You have to compress the prc on your pc and then hotsync, and remove the uncompressed prc file....

Never mind. I'm back to plan A.
    Last edited by Alli; 08/23/2003 at 10:19 AM.