Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    After thinking about it, im going with sprint. I have had sprint and t-mobile and the coverage is about the same. Only thing is that Sprint has a hellified data plan with unlimited data. I will be doing that. T-mobile charge like 19.99 for 5mb. sometimes I might want more than that, i might want to transfer lots of pics or even send lots of pics. Also I heard that the treo 600 will allow you to download software?? that will eat up that 5mb quickly if you get to downloading somethings for the 600.

Plus those who say they gotten bad reception on sprint, what type of phone did yall have?? I have an old samsung and it was terrible but when i got the little flip LG phone, it was all good!! Nation wide calling too...

Im in with Sprint
    Originally posted by RStall
    After thinking about it, im going with sprint. I have had sprint and t-mobile and the coverage is about the same. Only thing is that Sprint has a hellified data plan with unlimited data. I will be doing that. T-mobile charge like 19.99 for 5mb. sometimes I might want more than that, i might want to transfer lots of pics or even send lots of pics. Also I heard that the treo 600 will allow you to download software?? that will eat up that 5mb quickly if you get to downloading somethings for the 600.

Plus those who say they gotten bad reception on sprint, what type of phone did yall have?? I have an old samsung and it was terrible but when i got the little flip LG phone, it was all good!! Nation wide calling too...

Im in with Sprint
    Your information is not up-to-date. T-Mobile has had a $19.99 unlimited data plan for about 3 months now.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I'd love to try out Sprint as well, but I've heard so many horror stories about their coverage. I friend of mine has a Sprint phone and gets little or no coverage here in the office. Some other people say the calls drop all the time and coverage jumps from full to none in seconds.

Joe
    Not to turn this into a "Sprint in my area" thread, but I heard all this as well, but I decided to give it a try. It turns out that the changes they made to the network for the Vision high speed network, also trickled into the coverage. I have no problem unless I'm in the subway in Boston. Boston and it's suburbs have been great after about 8 months of service.
    Another reason to go with Sprint is for location-based services. Sprint's GPS-based wireless-assisted location-based services will be first of all of the US carriers.
    Well, I can only speak for what I've experienced. I cannot imagine going to T-Mobile after having Sprint. There is truth in the building coverage being spotty in the past, but the bulletproofing they've done to their network and the addition of F2 and F3 to the networks has made a huge difference. Not to mention that no one, and I mean NO ONE has a clearer call. The data speeds I enjoy are consistently faster than my friends who use Catherine Zeta-Jones' network, too. Yes sir, Sprint is the Greatest! Now, will one of you PCS network employees in disguise PLEASE get me a Treo600 for that glowing testimonial? Please? Anyone?
    Sprint looks nice, but I really like t-mobile international roaming, and no charge to have it enabled, just the charges when you make the calls. GSM works well for travel most places.
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    There is truth in the building coverage being spotty in the past, but the bulletproofing they've done to their network and the addition of F2 and F3 to the networks has made a huge difference.
    What's F2 and F3?
    F2 and F3 refers to frequencies 2 and 3 of the four frequencies that SprintPCS CAN use on it's network. When they roll them out they generally give increased coverage, especially in areas where they have high traffic and they are also known to improve reception in buildings. Here in Jacksonville it has made a considerable difference downtown where they are already inplemented.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I use sprint with my Treo300 and I never have any trouble with reception. I love the internet, because it is so cheap and fast. Their customer support is pathetic (I mean PATHETIC: when I got a new treo after mine had broken It took me two about 4 hours of callling different people, eing put on hold, being hung up on, etc., until some sprint rep fianlly told me what to do, which took about 5 seconds) However, I think that their plans are second to none (2000 minutes with unlimited data for 90$ and 5 phones)
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    I will go with T-Mobile because it's GSM. I love the international roaming, global SMS, interruptable data sessions (by voice calls), and ability to send and receive SMS while on voice calls.

In short, GSM is so much more mature as a standard. Sprint's speed is nice, but is behind in many other areas.
    Originally posted by silverado

In short, GSM is so much more mature as a standard. Sprint's speed is nice, but is behind in many other areas.
    And what fact is this based on? I believe CDMA technology was developed BEFORE GSM, and there is much more CDMA coverage in the US than there is GSM. I really dont care how much GSM there is in the world, there is also plenty of CDMA outside the US also (ie Korea, China, Australia, New Zealand.... etc). I travel internationally about once per year, certainly not enough to buy a phone that has inferior coverage in the country I am in the other 51 weeks in the year. I can always RENT a local phone for the once week I need it.
    Carl

And what fact is this based on?
    It's based on all the facts I mentioned above the part you quoted There are some others, like the ability to switch phones simply by switching SIM cards and being able to buy any phone you like, not just ones sanctioned by your carrier.

Maturity is not based on age.

Of course, you should buy what you like.
    Last edited by silverado; 08/23/2003 at 11:46 AM.