1.    #1  
    Just a simple question. I installed the new Free Message App, and it works great, but now I can only seem to get messages from my friend who has a Treo. Blazer gives an error on every other PCS phone that sends me a message. I know shortmail is sketchy at best but I've never had a problem retrieving messages before ( once I got them). So, any feedback? I'd appreciate some knowledge. Thanks.
    If the message app you're discussing is the one I think, it can only send text messages. To receive a shortmail on a Treo, you must use Treo300SMS. Blazer won't do it.

Geoffrey
  3.    #3  
    I appreciate the info, but I received messages w/o Treo300SMS before just fine. The addition of this app was just supposed to allow me to send them. I should still be able to receive them just like before.
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    I appreciate the info, but I received messages w/o Treo300SMS before just fine. The addition of this app was just supposed to allow me to send them. I should still be able to receive them just like before.
    Chances are that you were receiving one-way text messages, not Shortmail. Shortmail is two-way and you can send to non-Sprint users unlike the one-way text messaging.
  5.    #5  
    So, if before I was receiving one-way text messages, and now I'm receiving shortmail, but the people who are trying to send them havn't changed what their doing, why isn't it working? Did the addition of this program remove my ability to receive those messages that I used to receive by going to my launcher and looking under the heading of SMS? That was always what worked before, and since the addition of the other program it doesn't.
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    So, if before I was receiving one-way text messages, and now I'm receiving shortmail, but the people who are trying to send them havn't changed what their doing, why isn't it working? Did the addition of this program remove my ability to receive those messages that I used to receive by going to my launcher and looking under the heading of SMS? That was always what worked before, and since the addition of the other program it doesn't.
    I don't know. There shouldn't be a problem with installing Text Messenger. Try uninstalling it and see what happens. Besides, I suggest getting Treo300SMS. If you push, Sprint will credit you for having to buy it.