1.    #1  
    After looking through the Treo 600 manual, it AGAIN seems as this version of Treo ONLY allows distinctive ring and the new picture image caller ID on the 50 speed dials (hot keys)...

Is this right? Will you still need another third party application like a TreoPictureCallerID or TC Ringer to get specific tones for EVERYONE in contacts?

Thanks,

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    After looking through the Treo 600 manual, it AGAIN seems as this version of Treo ONLY allows distinctive ring and the new picture image caller ID on the 50 speed dials (hot keys)...

Is this right? Will you still need another third party application like a TreoPictureCallerID or TC Ringer to get specific tones for EVERYONE in contacts?

Thanks,

Mike
    I'm not sure but if that's the case, there's one important difference. The speed dial buttons have the entire contact entered, not a single phone number. So if you have a contact with 3 phone numbers, they're all in the speed dial button. I'm assuming that means if they call from any number it will use the custom ringtone and picture. It's still an improvement over the 270 and 300. Besides, as it is now, you need a ringtone manager just to load the ringers in the first place. If that holds true for the 600, you'll need one anyway.
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

Besides, as it is now, you need a ringtone manager just to load the ringers in the first place. If that holds true for the 600, you'll need one anyway.
    I don't think this holds for the 600. I believe you could install ringtones without a 3rd party app. Blazer 3.0, for example, is capable of downloading ring tones.
    Antone know if the picture caller ID is integrated with the Contacts app, so that each contact comes up with a smaller version of their photo in the corner, just like Sony Clies custom address book?
  5.    #5  
    You can not assign to each contact.

And the Favorite buttoins, although they let you view every number associated in Contacts by hitting SPACE seem to ONLY show the picture and ringtone when the caller ID actually comes from the assigned main number on that favorite.

I don't like this becuase if I want a pic from work and home, I have to use different speed dial buttons now.
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81
    The speed dial buttons have the entire contact entered, not a single phone number. So if you have a contact with 3 phone numbers, they're all in the speed dial button.
    How do you do that? The lookup won't allow you to select a contact, only a number.
    Regards,

Robert
    Originally posted by rbienstock
    How do you do that? The lookup won't allow you to select a contact, only a number.
    In Favorites, highlight a button using the D-pad, and instead of hitting the Center button, hit the space bar. All phone #'s for that contact should show up.