1.    #1  
    Potential Pocket PC Phone convert here. REALLY tempted to switch to the Treo. 600 looks sweet, but not sure I want to wait 2 more months. Should I go for the 300 now, or will I regret it big time when the 600 comes out? Wanted some opinions from you current and future Treo owners.

Thanks
    Absulute night and day difference.

Wait for the Treo 600...it is a hundred times better than the 300.

Jake
    Last edited by JakeE; 08/17/2003 at 04:04 AM.
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Refer to this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t35434/s.html

There is a discussion of purchasing a Treo300 today for $99 after rebates (and 2 yr contrat), then upgrading to the Treo600 this fall with a $100 upgrade incentive. That would essentially allow you to use the Treo300 for a couple months for "free" until you upgrade to the Treo600. The only loose is that you have to sign a the two year contact though...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Depends a lot upon whether you want a phone that also does PDA/data, or a PDA/data device that also does voice. The 300 does both pretty well, IMNSHO, but H'spring itself cops to the 600 being a phone first and foremost:

http://www.handspring.com/newsletter...e.jhtml#july14

I want a PDA/wireless device that also does voice, and so I'm keeping my 300. I'm not bothered by the size of the 300 and don't see a smaller screen and smaller thumbboard as improvements. I sympathize - a bit - with the cellphone fashionistas who feel terminally geeky when they put a 300 upside their head, but the 600, while marginally smaller than a 300, will still be largish for a candybar phone. The two things I would really like to see improved on the 300 - screen resolution and color depth - won't be, at least in the first iteration of the 600. A camera, expansion slot, faster processor, Palm OS 5, better version of Blazer etc. are all nice but not, for me, all that important individually or collectively. YMMV.