Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have looked for a swivel case/holster for my 300 for weeks. I had the Brookstone case that is good but a little big for my taste. Constantly forced to wear the phone in the nape of my back rather than the side because it is just too big to be comfortable there. I just received the Seidio treo case which is a swivel holster perfectly suited for a heavy treo user who wants to get to the phone quickly and feel secure that the phone won't drop. With this case, you can flip the phone to answer calls without removing the phone from the case and best of all you can comfortably wear the phone on your hip and swivel it to make it comfortable. Just thought you should all know my experience.
    Last edited by robkz; 08/16/2003 at 10:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Forgot the link to preview the

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...ode=SHLHSTR300

Hopefully that link will work
    Here is the link to the Product Fact sheet on TreoCentral. http://www.treocentral.com/content/P.../detail-60.htm
    I updated the picture and price from the link above. Looks like the design has changed from when it was first released also.
    Thanks,
    intysf@cs.com
    TreoCentral.com
    Product Page Editor
    I've had nothing but problems with these. Every one I've had has broke. I had one replacement, and then after they stopped paying attention to my RMA requests, I had to resort to JB Weld--the nub on the back breaks off, and the belt clip itself loses the ability to maintain its rotational position... Oh well. I just don't feel like buying several per year, so I deal with a JB welded nub, and free rotation.

Might anyone know where to get a replacement belt clip? Seidio charges $9.95 for a set of the rotational clip.

Found good one:

I have NO problem with the holder itself, and I guess I'll just keep fixing it! CutePCS has at least two colors : www.cutepcs.com
    Last edited by hocus703; 08/17/2003 at 12:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I have to second hocus703. I'm nor on my third and can vouch that I have exactly the same problems. The last time I made a warranty replacement request, theu only sent me a swivel clip. I demanded a real replacement, but used my dremel to file off the remainder of the original clip and used the double-cafed tape to attach the swivel mount they did send. It has already lost its ability to stay locked in place, and I'm just waiting for it to break as well. I figure I have the replacement HSTR-300 in the mitigating time until the 600 is released.

All this being said, it is still the best holster design...
    Originally posted by hocus703
    I've had nothing but problems with these. Every one I've had has broke. I had one replacement, and then after they stopped paying attention to my RMA requests, I had to resort to JB Weld--the nub on the back breaks off, and the belt clip itself loses the ability to maintain its rotational position... Oh well. I just don't feel like buying several per year, so I deal with a JB welded nub, and free rotation.

Might anyone know where to get a replacement belt clip? Seidio charges $9.95 for a set of the rotational clip.

Found good one:

I have NO problem with the holder itself, and I guess I'll just keep fixing it! CutePCS has at least two colors : www.cutepcs.com
    Try BestBuy ... all sorts of "generic" phone accessories ..
    I use the Handspring belt clip (swivel) case and I'm pretty happy with it.
    Originally posted by robkz
    I have looked for a swivel case/holster for my 300 for weeks. I had the Brookstone case that is good but a little big for my taste. Constantly forced to wear the phone in the nape of my back rather than the side because it is just too big to be comfortable there. I just received the Seidio treo case which is a swivel holster perfectly suited for a heavy treo user who wants to get to the phone quickly and feel secure that the phone won't drop. With this case, you can flip the phone to answer calls without removing the phone from the case and best of all you can comfortably wear the phone on your hip and swivel it to make it comfortable. Just thought you should all know my experience.
    for my "4 cents", click here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...5&pagenumber=2
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I am back for an update. Seems like this unit is prone to failure. I have had the same problem described by hocus and others that the swivel comes off. It is essentially snapped on there with no other means of adhering to the core holster other than the snap. Anyway, my holstered phone fell off the swivel and my phone took a shock landing on asphalt but came out ok. After deciding to fix it myself with some rubber cement adhering the swivel base clip to the holster, everything works great again and has for three weeks now. The swivel still swivels because I only cemented the part that snaps into the holster not the rotating swivel itself. If they just spent the 30 cents more it would have taken to have a complete molded unit instead of this b-s snap, the unit would be the bets swivel holster going. I am happy again though now that I have jigged it to work for me.
    I found that products from seidio, while innovative, are of terrible quality.

I purchased several items from them, all have failed me one way or the other:

Emergency Power charger: This is an adapter that allows the Treo to be charged by a 9V battery. In addition, you can purchase other cables that plug into the adapter, such as a car charging cable, which I also purchased as a backup to the flimsy one included by handspring. After a while, the adapter stopped making a consistent connection to my treo. The charging light would be red for a few seconds, then go back to non-charging status. The adapter itself has its own charging light, and it was always on, which is how I know that the problem was with the seidio device, not my treo or my car plug. It failed after approx. 1 month of use.

Universal Adapter: This is a little plug that allow use of 2.5 mm Universal handsfree devices to work with the treo 300's nokia plug. The plug never worked from day one. When I called them, they gave me some BS excuse for not being able to locate my order, so they couldn't issue an RMA number right away, but they promised to look into it and send me an email in a few days. That was four months ago.

What REALLY pisses me off, though, is that some of their employees cruise these boards. When they released their "powered swivel mount," someone from that company posted a new topic here to announce it! But I never heard them make a peep about all the complaints from their products that are posted here.

Does anyone else smell snake oil...?