1.    #1  
    good day,

does anyoen have any idea of what the max size of the card the slot will hold. Since it will have mp3 capibilities, it would be great to b able 2 carry talking books as well as maps, games, enclylopidia, etc...thanks and take care, jay
    It's a Secure Digital (SD) card. They currently run up to 256 MB, and which cost $70-80. I believe SanDisk is working on a 1 GB version.
  3.    #3  
    THANKS TAKE CARE, JAY
    512 MB is currently available. Check eBay....there's plenty for good deals. The 1GB is on the way and according to Panasonic will be available in the fall. 2 GB should be available late next year. Panasonic mentions a 4 GB card on their site as well, but it's a long time away for now.
    Will this be a requirement?

The firmware on the phone will have to support the newer sized cards. ie. be able to see and use the full memory of the card.
    As the cards get bigger the firmware on the device will have to be upgraded to recognise the newer cards.

Which obviously means updates for the phone to install and this can cause problems within it self. Install incorrectly and the phone is a paperweight.

I feel this is the case, as my Nomad II required a firmware update to recognise cards over 32 Meg or was it 64 Meg. Now it can see 128 Meg cards possibly higher. All which required a firmware upgrade to the onboard software so as to recognise the card.

Correct me if I am wrong.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

6.    #6  
    HI, I THINK THE LAST POSTER MORE CORRECTLY UNDERSTOOD WAHT I WAS ASKING, SORRY IF I WORDED IT POORLY.

I KONW WHAT SIZE CARDS ARE OUT THERE, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE LASTEST CARD THE TREO 600 CAN HANDLE, OR IS THE ANSWER ANYSIZE AT ALL? THANKS oopps sorry to shout, take care, jay