View Poll Results: Which of the following do you hate most about the Treo 600?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Low resolution (160x160) CSTN screen

41 35.04%
  • Lack of replaceable, rechargeable battery

13 11.11%
  • Lack of bluetooth

22 18.80%
  • Exposed screen (lack of flip cover)

7 5.98%
  • Overall size of device (thickness, length or etc)

0 0%
  • camera (for those who wanted camera-less version)

4 3.42%
  • Price

11 9.40%
  • All the above...or at least most of the above

8 6.84%
  • Other

3 2.56%
  • Nothing it's perfect

8 6.84%
  1.    #1  
    Well, I think I'm just about as anxious as most people here for the Treo 600. It's been such a long time and coming for a new device from Handspring and I think the Treo 600 will be able to deliver in many ways. However IMO, there are many things about the Treo600 that can be improved upon in the future. Which feature were you most dissappointed with when I first read about the Treo 600?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2.    #2  
    <bump> no comments?

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I voted Other, seeing no option for the ****-ugly antenna.
    I expect the price to be the thing that I like least about the 600, assuming that the carrier-less price of the GSM version is more than the $600 of the 270. And if Sprint's rebates are again limited to new customers with new phone numbers, then I expect I won't like the price tag there either. Give me a real, no-gimmicks price of $400 and I'll be happy.

I'm fine with the battery, screen resolution, and camera. I'll wait to see whether my screen-protector-only screen gets scratched. If so, I'll be pissed....but for now I'll give HS the benefit of the doubt.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    I voted Other, seeing no option for the ****-ugly antenna.
    Yeah that's another item I could have added to the list... The Treo 600 would have looked dmaned awesome if it had an internal antenna! Someone wanna post a photoshop of what it would have looked like w/o that antenna?

It no contest... to me BT is by far the one feature that should have been in the phone.
    Roger
    Every time I try to vote on a poll in this forum I get a message that says my session is invalid, try again..... I give up.

I would have voted that I like it, its perfect.
    Jeff
    Originally posted by RLewis
    It no contest... to me BT is by far the one feature that should have been in the phone.
    I agree... If I'm going to spend that amount of money on a phone, I want to make sure that I'm going to be able to use it for a LONG time. I know that my next car will have BT, so I'm going to either 1) buy an BT SDIO card, or 2) buy a new phone. Ah Ha! I think I've figured it out!
  9.    #9  
    <bump> I can't believe people here are sooo satisfied! C'mon its time to rant and list the things you hate about the Treo600!

Overall, I'm pretty excited about the new treo. I don't need BT right now and I doubt that I will in the near future. By then I can always pluck in a card (I guess...). Regarding all the other things you listed in your poll, I have to say that it's too early for me to complain already. The low-res screen could be a bad thing but I'd rather check it out before passing judgement.

That leaves me with the one negative point I already have: the price. If it's going to be EUR 900,- without activation I won't be able to afford one. And that sux, because I want one

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    This , and to a more limited degree the lack of bluetooth, are the kickers for me. I spend a lot of time on the road and most of the mapping options that I have looked at do not have enough resolution to be really useful.

I am currently leaning toward a T3 (or possibly a UX50) and T608 combo (if sprint will ever get off their butts on this issue).

I love the integration of the Treo but 160x160? COme on!
    I hate it when somebody has a cooler
    toy than me...
    I can live with everything you listed except for the user replaceable battery. I truly would have rather seen the same form factor with a smaller, but replaceable, battery. This is a phone first, after all, and nothing can replace the ability to slap a second battery in if power goes out. Granted, this is the largest battery on any PDA or phone device, but it does no good to have to be tied to an electrical cord at 4:00pm when you have to return an important call, or worse yet, miss one while charging.

I also agree with the "get rid of the antennae" crowd. If others can do it in the candy bar format, why not Handspring?
    Treo 600 is almost the perfect smartphone for me. There are many areas that could be improved but we need to strike a balance between cost vs functionality. However, if you ask me, I hope BT had been included. I want Bluetooth Hotsync - it is a wireless communicator, after all.

Wookie
    I wish I could vote more than once...
    Antenna - really big and ugly blunder
    Fixed battery - mega blunder and my main gripe
    Screen res. - big blunder
    Lack of BT - mini blunder as this can be resolved via the SDIO

Might be an idea to run another poll when the machine has been around for a few months. Be interesting to see if the gripes decline or increase
    www.gsmworld.com
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I think hate is the wrong word in there.

I don't *hate* anything about it. If I did, I wouldn't want one.

I do wish that the resolution was higher, but it isn't a big enough issue for me not to get the phone. It is for some.

So, I didn't vote.
    I agree with many of you that's it's hard to hate something you have not yet held in your hand.

1st I have to say My TREO 300 is excellent. So Handspring needed to make significant strides to make me upgrade and I think for me they fell short. Unless they have a great buy back pgm (yeah right).

My concerns for the 600 are:

1. Could have had better resolution
    2. Better cover for the screen
    3. Who needs a Camera on my phone. Give me BT
    4. Battery Life? I need it in my hands to test it.

I might not be the first to buy it but I'm sure I'll migrate in time.

Go Canes.
    As I stated in a post I started, my biggest disappointment, without using the phone would be lack of Voice Dialing. I can even answer with Voice commands my Kyocera 7035 with using handsfree/headset.
    It seems a little harsh and judgmental to hate a phone that hasn't even been released yet. I keep thinking that if I could put the features of about three or four phones and pda's together -- in the form factor of the Samsung i500 -- I would have the perfect convergent device.

I really liked the i500 (yes, I have alreayd put that in the past). Good screen, well designed, extremely pocketable, great battery life, solid feel, good integration between phone and pda. And most important to a business user that travels -- analog roaming.

Yet, I have become too used to the benefits of expansion. I want more memory and the added capabilities of OS 5.
    I think the Treo 600 has been well thought out and has just about everything. Except, analog roaming capability. To the business user that travels, analog roaming is essential. Much of rural America will never have digital coverage and there are times when a phone needs to just be a phone. But for this feature, I would convert to the Treo 600 and box up my A500, M515, Tungsten, and XDA in one big box bound for Ebay.

As it is, I will still be in line for the 600!
    is that it's not here yet.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle