Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by MSB
    Yea, you can click on the phone number in the contact list to have it dial for you... but otherwise, the integration is pretty lame.

Really... the voice-dial is the only feature I'll miss. By all other accounts, the Treo 300 is heads and shoulders above.

(By the way, I paid $49 for my Treo 300. $349 at ComUSA and $300 service credit. I bought the extended waranty for $99... cause I figured my Treo might *accidentally* break when the 600 comes out. )
    When the 600 comes out, the 300 will still be available. Don't count on CompUSA to just hand over a 600 because it's newer. They'll only do that if they don't carry the 300 anymore.
    Originally posted by MSB
    I bought the extended waranty for $99... cause I figured my Treo might *accidentally* break when the 600 comes out. )
    That's really low. You might as well go and steal a few hundred bucks out of their cash registers.
  3. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    If it makes you feel any better, the CompUSA employee who pressured me into buying the service plan suggested I do just that (that's how he got me to buy the phone in the first place!).

Also, if it makes you feel any better, CompUSA already got thier money. Part of the $99 I pay them goes to their profit, part goes to the underwriter of the policy. So, while I agree that it ain't exacly Kosher... it's a far cry from stealing cash from their cash registers.

Never downloaded an MP3? Copied a piece of software? Had something left off a reciept and you never went back to correct it? Ate a grape the supermarket without telling?

Glass houses, man.
    Last edited by MSB; 08/17/2003 at 08:34 PM.
    Originally posted by MSB

Never downloaded an MP3? Copied a piece of software? Had something left off a reciept and you never went back to correct it? Ate a grape the supermarket without telling?

Glass houses, man.
    Worst argument ever, in my opinion. Just because Hitler tells you murder is wrong doesn't mean he's mistaken. There's also something I remember about someone jumping off a bridge...

[clarification edit: replaced "wrong" with "mistaken"]
    About voice dialing software-I am sure that there will be plenty of apps that will take advantage of the T600's microphone, including voice dialling apps. My guess is that HS will allow to download some of them for free with a T600 serial number, like they currently do for CIC RechoEcho.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
  6. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Worst argument ever, in my opinion. Just because Hitler tells you murder is wrong doesn't mean he's mistaken.
    Didn't say you were wrong... just thought that perhaps you should "judge not, lest ye be judged".

Just to be clear, I would not have bought the 300 (willing to wait for the 600) if the CompUSA salesman hadn't suggested this "tactic".

Is it wrong? Probably. But in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it will keep me out of heaven. Besides, Sprint is still making a killing off of me and so has CompUSA. Doesn't make it right, but I just don't feel as guilty.
  7. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

When the 600 comes out, the 300 will still be available. Don't count on CompUSA to just hand over a 600 because it's newer. They'll only do that if they don't carry the 300 anymore.
    True. The guy told me that they will replace it if they have one, or else give me my purchase price towards another phone.

So it wouldn't be a 1 for 1 swap to the 600 anyway... almost like getting a loaner 300 until the 600 is available.
    Cingular has this feature for around 5 bucks too. I use it all the time. I think it saved me from at least one traffic accident so I am keeping it.

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Static
    I have been using a Kyocera Smartphone for a while and really like it. Company is moving to AT&T, so I can't use it anymore. I am switching to the 270 which is not nearly as good. I am hoping to get the 600 when it comes out.

The one feature that I can't believe is not included in the 270 or the 600 is voice dialing. I use it all the time. My original Smartphone, more that 3 years old now had it. Most small phones have it. I think the 600 looks great, but this is a big oversight.

What do you think?
    So now that our beloved Treo 600's can now record audio, whom is going to write the software that gives us native voice-dialing functionality ala my four-year old Samsung 8500 cell? Has anyone released or working on such software for the Palm OS yet?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12