1.    #1  
    I was reading about the new Palm models coming out on PIC when I read thsi bit:

The Tungsten E may be a Palm OS 5 mid range replacement for the m515 and m130 handhelds, both models are over a year old and run OS 4.

The Tungsten E may take the form factor of the Tungsten W and C, which hint at the possibility the model has a built in thumb keyboard. The information posted shows the E uses the same stylus as the C and W. At a $199 price level it is unlikely to have any built in wireless functionality.
    If its a non-wireless OS 5.x device, then it would most certianly fill the same market niche as the Treo 90. I realize PSG and Handspring haven't merged yet, but it would make sense if that was the segment they were targetting!? Any thoughts?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    MY gut reaction is that it will be OS 5, with a keyboard, just no built in wireless. I'm excited for it, but i thing that every tungsten device is **** ugly, and oversized. I wish palm would make this into a more stylish tungsten. They aren't going to get buisness users to use it instead of the nifty hp 1940 and 2200 series....

Palm also needs to get OS 5 bluetooth card!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    And if it doesn't have a flip cover, it's not a 90 replacement.

As far as I'm concerned, that is a HUGE feature of the 90, and I just can't understand why more units don't have these!
    Originally posted by miradu
    MY gut reaction is that it will be OS 5, with a keyboard, just no built in wireless. I'm excited for it, but i thing that every tungsten device is **** ugly, and oversized. I wish palm would make this into a more stylish tungsten. They aren't going to get buisness users to use it instead of the nifty hp 1940 and 2200 series....

Palm also needs to get OS 5 bluetooth card!
    I couldn't agree more...as a staunch Treo 90 user, I love the idea of a similar, non-wireless keyboarded unit coming along, but not at the size/appearance of the current Tungsten series. It may not be too big to some, but next to a 90 it is, and it's certainly an arguable drawback. It's the same reason I never warmed to Sony's TG50 model; it's not as well styled as the 90, and it's too awkwardly sized for my liking...