1.    #1  
    As a constant user of the Treo 270, I've gotten used to some wonderful conveniences that allow you to do w/o the stylus for various functions. For instance, instead of using the stylus for a yes/no answer, you can use the delete key for no, or the up scroll key for yes. You can also hold in the jog dial for instant re-dial of your last dialed number. Another major convenience is hitting the space key to initiate speaker phone. I'm wondering if anyone who has played with a 600 noticed if these and (hopefully) others can be found on our next Treo?

Andrew
    Originally posted by Andrew-NYC
    As a constant user of the Treo 270, I've gotten used to some wonderful conveniences that allow you to do w/o the stylus for various functions. For instance, instead of using the stylus for a yes/no answer, you can use the delete key for no, or the up scroll key for yes. You can also hold in the jog dial for instant re-dial of your last dialed number. Another major convenience is hitting the space key to initiate speaker phone. I'm wondering if anyone who has played with a 600 noticed if these and (hopefully) others can be found on our next Treo?

Andrew
    Phone items.. made for easy remembering based on the keys too:

SPace = SPeaker
    RETURN = Mute
    BACKSPACE = Hang up

VERY Logical
    This was clipped from a recent email to me from Handspring about the Treo 600

"Our solution? That little silver oval in the middle of the device. We call it the five-way navigation button. With the five-way, moving around the screen is as easy as pointing. Push the five-way in the direction you want to go then press the center button to choose or run what you've selected.

In order to make it as easy as possible to use, we handed the device to folks and let them thrash around with it. We watched what they did and made the five-way work to fit. It's so simple and intuitive you'll never even have to take your stylus out of its channel. Of course we still give you one, just in case.

But we didn't stop there. Arranged around the five-way-in traditional Palm OS-style—you'll find one-touch phone, calendar, messaging and power buttons. Now, we know that most folks use more than these three applications on a regular basis, so we created a program that lets you assign a software application, phone number, messaging address or web site to each letter on the keyboard. So, once you've set it up, you can get to Bejeweled by holding down the letter B from most Treo 600 Phone application screens. Or Tom's home phone by holding down the letter T. So now you'll have a whole alphabet of application buttons. What could be simpler?

Next issue: what the Handspring house band meant for the Treo 600."
    This gonna help you?
  4.    #4  
    Well, these replies are helpful. I'm sure we'll discover many new "shortcuts" and tips as we peruse the 600. I, for one, cannot wait!

Andrew