1.    #1  
    I am amazed at how many people are content with their Treo despite the turbo drain issues, flimsy flip, bad batteries, etc. Don't you think we should get what we paid for? I certainly paid for a device that would work, not one that has to be replaced once a month.

I am on Treo number 5 in less than six months and heading to Sprint tomorrow for number 6 because of a bad battery. Honestly, I am planing on demanding that they either refund my money, upgrade me to a 600 when they are released, or move me into another smart phone. Five critical issues is too many. How can everyone here just be content with all of the problems. I am gonna make some waves!

Who's with me?

The Guy
    I am!! I have Sprint to agree to let me swap my Treo 300 for a 600 when they are here for sale. i have had 7 myself in past year. Hope you could have similar luck too!!
    Hi Guy.

You sound like the loud voice of The Vocal Minority.

Not to say that you don't have a legitimate beef, but you are a minority. The vast number of people who never have a single problem don't bother to post on forums like this. Typically, it's only the people that have problems that post anything (or even seek out a place like TreoCentral to look for answers or to gripe).

So to put things into perspective, your amazement at how many people are content with their Treo is because the vast majority of people aren't having the problems that you and some power users have.

I consider myself a power user. I use my Treo just about all day. I have numerous third-party applications installed. I surf the web, SMS, talk a lot, etc. I have yet to have a problem (No loose hinge, battery problems, etc.) and I've had my Treo for over 14 months. If I were in the minority, you can bet that the problems would have been front page news in several technical publications.

I am indeed sorry that you and some others have had so many problems, and I agree that you should receive what you pay for, but you make it sound like the Treo should have never been released. Five Treos in less than six months? Seven in the past year? Those kinds of numbers make me wonder if the problem is really the device or what the user is doing with the device.

If the problems were as common as you make them out to be the device would have been recalled. Call me a skeptic, but I've found that some people are never satisfied and will raise a fuss over even the simplest of issues. Assuming that you are not one of those people, your luck must be pretty bad. For that, you have my sympathy because it's likely that you will never find a device that "works".

Good luck. I'm sure your campaign for a free Treo 600 will be successful if you complain loud enough.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Five Treos in less than six months? Seven in the past year? Those kinds of numbers make me wonder if the problem is really the device or what the user is doing with the device.
    That's what I used to think, until the hinge on my Treo 300 broke after 10 months of no problems. The first replacement I got had a bad keyboard, the middle row of keys wouldn't work. Back to Sprint, for my third Treo in 2 days, after 10 months with no problems. The next replacement I got has shown occasional RBOD issues, and an unusually bright spot in the center of the screen, and in the top right corner. None of these issues makes the device less usable for what I do, so I'll stick it out until the 600 comes out, assuming nothing else goes wrong. I get the feeling that once you go to Sprint for replacements, there's a good chance you'll get something which has other problems. So I no longer doubt the "7 Treos in a year" stories.
    Quote: I am indeed sorry that you and some others have had so many problems, and I agree that you should receive what you pay for, but you make it sound like the Treo should have never been released. Five Treos in less than six months? Seven in the past year? Those kinds of numbers make me wonder if the problem is really the device or what the user is doing with the device.
    I have been and remain a very conservative user of my Treo. I treat is as a PDA more than a phone and give it defference over my old devices. But after horrible feedback sounds, poor paint quality, broken hinges (that resulted from just opening the flip), batteries that fail, RBOD, and now a ringer that sounds again like feedback from a concert monitor, I have to say that I too am a bit disappointed with the overall quality. I am glad for the capabilities that the Treo has added to my life and for it reducing the "footprint" on my gadget belt. I just have to wonder if it was released with care and thought.

I too STRONGLY feel that an upgrade to the 600 that amounts to more than a $29 rebate is in order. How did you get the assurance treoneo?
    I'm only a light-use user, so I've been satisfied with my Treo. It's actually held up OK, but it has the speaker cutting in/out issue now with the hinge. I've had it since December...about 8 months.

I got the box and packed it up to how I got it in December, so hopefully the Sprint store will give me a NEW one when I return it.
    Originally posted by skfny

That's what I used to think, until the hinge on my Treo 300 broke after 10 months of no problems. The first replacement I got had a bad keyboard, the middle row of keys wouldn't work. Back to Sprint, for my third Treo in 2 days, after 10 months with no problems. The next replacement I got has shown occasional RBOD issues, and an unusually bright spot in the center of the screen, and in the top right corner. None of these issues makes the device less usable for what I do, so I'll stick it out until the 600 comes out, assuming nothing else goes wrong. I get the feeling that once you go to Sprint for replacements, there's a good chance you'll get something which has other problems. So I no longer doubt the "7 Treos in a year" stories.
    I'll back ya up on that one. Handspring, not Sprint, however has been doing this for a long time. You return your brand new product, only to receive someone else's referb product. They don't return a brand new unit ever...so the second, third, fourth, whatever will always be someone else's return. They did it with the Visors, and nothing has changed.

Maybe it is a good thing that Palm is stepping in...atleast we might get a half decent product!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    For the record, I definitely got what I paid for and then some. I'm very happy.
    Most of my colleagues are saying they would seriously consider a Treo...

...if it weren't for the fact that they're seeing me with my old Nokia every month or so because I'm awaiting a Treo replacement again.
  10.    #10  

You sound like the loud voice of The Vocal Minority.

Not to say that you don't have a legitimate beef, but you are a minority. The vast number of people who never have a single problem don't bother to post on forums like this. Typically, it's only the people that have problems that post anything (or even seek out a place like TreoCentral to look for answers or to gripe).
    I never implied that I was in the majority. Let me clarify however, because I may not have been as clear as I thought.

I can't believe that so many people in this board with turbo drain problems, broken flips, RBOD, etc, are just sitting back and letting Sprint/Handspring/whoever just continue to feed them "new" Treos. You may make someone feel better with chicken soup, but in the end they still have a cold. Basicaly, the problems are still there and as some stated earlier, they are simply just giving us someone elses returns.

And just to update everyone, Sprint promised me a G1000 today to replace my Treo and then about two hours later called me and withdrew their promise and stuck me with another Treo refurb. You heard me right. They agreed to give me a G1000 and then called me back to say that they had not thought it through and that they could only offer me a refurbished Treo or $100 toward the purchase of a new phone. How nice of them to give me a choice between the two.

Not done making waves though. I am usualy the one that just lets things go, but I am not going to this time.