Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I've had my Treo 300 for over 5 months now and for the last 2 months, I've been getting REAMED A NEW ONE by Sprint when I go over my package minutes: they're billing me at 40 cents per minute ... OUCH! Is anyone on a Sprint plan that has a lower per min overage cost?

And what about some competition between providers for the Treo 300? I 've seen headlines about other carriers being able to service this phone soon, but I can't find any on the web that actually do now.
    Which plan are you on exactly? Also, you can only use the Treo 300 on Sprint period. Perhaps you should consider upgrading to a higher plan...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Which plan are you on exactly? Also, you can only use the Treo 300 on Sprint period. Perhaps you should consider upgrading to a higher plan...
    Hi gfunkmagic,

OK, here's my plan:

PCS FREE & CLEAR PLAN

* $60.00 PCS FREE & CLEAR PLAN
    * ALL MINUTES INCLUDE LONG DISTANCE
    * 800 ANYTIME MINUTES
    * UNLIMITED NIGHT AND WEEKEND MINUTES
    * NIGHTS: M-TH 9PM-7AM WKND: F 9PM-M 7AM
    * CALLER ID, CALL WAITING
    * THREE-WAY CALLING
    * VOICEMAIL

But it's the .40/min that's killing me! My plan has been about right until lately... lots going on with trying to sell a house and lightning damage at one of our locations at work, etc. etc.

I'm just wondering if a plan with lower costs per min on *additional mins* is available out there?!

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Randy99
    I've had my Treo 300 for over 5 months now and for the last 2 months, I've been getting REAMED A NEW ONE by Sprint when I go over my package minutes: they're billing me at 40 cents per minute ... OUCH! Is anyone on a Sprint plan that has a lower per min overage cost?

And what about some competition between providers for the Treo 300? I 've seen headlines about other carriers being able to service this phone soon, but I can't find any on the web that actually do now.
    Sprint charges $.40 per minute that you go over your plan, period. There aren't any other plans that have a lower per minute fee, sorry. How much over are you going? You can get the 1100 minute plan for $80. If you go over on your plan by 50 minutes or more, it would pay to get the 1100 minute plan. Also, are a lot of your calls to another PCS number? If so, for $5 a month you can get unlimited PCS to PCS which could reduce your airtime usage. So that's another idea.

As far as the Treo 300 goes, like gfunkmagic said, it's Sprint only. Besides the fact that Handspring has an exlusive contract with Sprint, it's 1900 mhz only and Verizon's network is mostly 800 mhz. If somehow you managed to get it activated on Verizon's network, you wouldn't be able to use it in most places. The Treo 600 will be dual band CDMA so it could be used with Verizon if they decide to carry it as well.
    But it's the .40/min that's killing me! My plan has been about right until lately... lots going on with trying to sell a house and lightning damage at one of our locations at work, etc. etc.

I'm just wondering if a plan with lower costs per min on *additional mins* is available out there?!

Thanks!
    Can't you go to a plan, say for $70 or $80, that includes more minutes?

The ~40 cents/additional minute is close to standard. T-Mobile charges the same thing.
    Originally posted by silverado

The ~40 cents/additional minute is close to standard. T-Mobile charges the same thing.
    He can. He has 800 minutes for $60. The next one up is 1100 minutes for $80.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Originally posted by silverado

Yes, I could go up a notch. I was just hoping to hear of other plans with lower overage costs... but evidently, they don't exist!

Yes, I could go up a notch. I was just hoping to hear of other plans with lower overage costs... but evidently, they don't exist!
    Nope, unfortunately they don't exist. Like I said before, at $.40 per minute, going 50 minutes over would cost you as much as going up to the next plan which give you 300 minutes more. This is clearly the best way to go.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

He can. He has 800 minutes for $60. The next one up is 1100 minutes for $80.
    Here are my available service plans:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are my available service plans:
    Those are plans with Vision. It sounds like he doesn't have unlimited Vision so he would be looking at the plans without Vision.
    I think the 2000 minutes for $100 is the best deal. But that's me.
    i saw 1000 minutes for $45 in best buy today
    Originally posted by oldnew
    i saw 1000 minutes for $45 in best buy today
    What kind of plan did you see? Sprint has new area wide plans that start at 1000 minutes for $40. Nights and weekends cost an extra $10, and you have to stay in your home calling area or you get charged 40 or 50 cents a minute.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

Those are plans with Vision. It sounds like he doesn't have unlimited Vision so he would be looking at the plans without Vision.
    Yes, I do have "Unlimited PCS VisionSM" as an add-on for $10/mo more. So my total is $70/mo for 800 mins + Vision.