Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I normally don't hold to the "inferior unit" theories, but if the guy told him that the keyboard was significantly inferior, than I'd say there is a pretty good chance this was a very old prototype.

JMHO

Gargoyle
    Originally posted by gargoylejps
    I normally don't hold to the "inferior unit" theories, but if the guy told him that the keyboard was significantly inferior, than I'd say there is a pretty good chance this was a very old prototype.

JMHO

Gargoyle
    That's what I meant.
  3. purpleX
    Handspring use the same trick on treo 180. They told reviewer that their review unit has defective battery, trying to imply that the commercial version has significantly different battery performance.

The keyboard explnation could be an honest one, or could be just another pre sale spin against negative review.
    Originally posted by purpleX
    Handspring use the same trick on treo 180. They told reviewer that their review unit has defective battery, trying to imply that the commercial version has significantly different battery performance.

The keyboard explnation could be an honest one, or could be just another pre sale spin against negative review.
    Ska, You're a fine one talking about spin!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. purpleX
    you are projecting g'funk. The truth bites doesn't it?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Sigh...
  7. purpleX
    forgot to pretend the plonk list is active again?
    OK, since I also have touched the keyboard on the 600, I can offer my thoughts.

The keyboard that I used, back in June, at that Sprint show, was most definitely not inferior to the 300. The rise in the keys is more pronounced, making them easier to feel and to differentiate from one to the other. I used the 600 for about 2 minutes, getting a general feel for it, and jammed out a couple of sentences in a memo, with no typos. The keys are indeed closer together, but since they stand apart by virtue of the dome (kind of like the ends of little Tylenol caplets, they are), the tactile feedback is much better than the current thumbboard.

Contrast that with a Sony thumboard I played with last night in CompUSA - almost no rise at all. I know some folks have said they're able to get used to it, but man - it seemed almost like a holographic keyboard, it was so smooth and non-raised.

Bottom line - you guys will like the new keyboard. It's much better than the current crop.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

That's a little disappointing to hear. I was hoping the color STN screen would be a huge upgrade for viewing in direct sunlight.
    Handspring's use of a color STN is your answer. Passive matrix (STN) screens wash out in sunlight - end of story. They look good indoors, but can't take the glare of outdoor sunlight.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by purpleX
    forgot to pretend the plonk list is active again?
    Still nasty, I see.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12