Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    First I must admit that I don't look at many bills - 95% of my bills get paid automatically so I don't even bother opening them up. I know that's bad, but that's what I do. Anyways, today for whatever reason I opened up my Sprint PCS bill and I saw that I had a passed due balance - as I never go over my 2K minutes, and the bill pays automatically I was a little surprised.

    I started looking through the pages and I came across a line that said Vision Usage $18.71! Since I was on the 2000 Anytime Minute, Unlimited Vision, with Add A Phone I was a little surprised. I called Sprint, immediately, got hung up on twice, and finally spoke with someone. She said there was no unlimited vision on my plan, and the plan I described did not exist!

    I searched here, and found my posts describing signing up for the plan in October last year. I also found a link to the Sprint page describing the plan - thank you whoever posted that. Anyways, long story short the Sprint system said my last plan change was in Nov to a plan w/ no Vision. But they didn't start charging me for VIsion until April. I insisted that I did not authorize the November or April plan changes and I wanted my October plan back.

    It took a little over an hour but I have my original plan back and I'm supposed to be getting a $212 credit for Vision usage!


    Dunc
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by Dunc
    First I must admit that I don't look at many bills - 95% of my bills get paid automatically so I don't even bother opening them up. I know that's bad, but that's what I do. Anyways, today for whatever reason I opened up my Sprint PCS bill and I saw that I had a passed due balance - as I never go over my 2K minutes, and the bill pays automatically I was a little surprised.

    I started looking through the pages and I came across a line that said Vision Usage $18.71! Since I was on the 2000 Anytime Minute, Unlimited Vision, with Add A Phone I was a little surprised. I called Sprint, immediately, got hung up on twice, and finally spoke with someone. She said there was no unlimited vision on my plan, and the plan I described did not exist!

    I searched here, and found my posts describing signing up for the plan in October last year. I also found a link to the Sprint page describing the plan - thank you whoever posted that. Anyways, long story short the Sprint system said my last plan change was in Nov to a plan w/ no Vision. But they didn't start charging me for VIsion until April. I insisted that I did not authorize the November or April plan changes and I wanted my October plan back.

    It took a little over an hour but I have my original plan back and I'm supposed to be getting a $212 credit for Vision usage!


    Dunc
    Welcome to the club. Sprint's billing and CS is horrible. They've made mistakes on my account so many times. The other month I had a $300 bill when I should have had a $200 credit, meaning they overcharged me $500. It sucks I know, but it happens to just about everyone.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81
    Sprint's billing and CS is horrible... It sucks I know, but it happens to just about everyone.
    At least just about everyone who decides to describe their experience on discussion boards. Rarely do I see the post "Hello everyone. Just wanted to say nothing's wrong. Thanks for reading."

    Sprint screws up. You screw up. I screw up. We all screw up.
  4. #4  
    well consider yourself lucky! i imagine that if someone had a great experience with sprint they would've posted it. i do recall someone posting some good news about how they will be able to trade in his 300 for a 600. he sounded pretty excited...

    i think sprint is pretty evil. but i'm in a contract. but when the 600 gsm comes out, bye bye sprint!!

    www.sprintsucks.org
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Sprint screws up. You screw up. I screw up. We all screw up.
    That's true, but things are relative. From my experience with Sprint, if I handled my job as badly as almost every Sprint CS rep that I talked to, I wouldn't have my job. (I used Sprint for about 1.5 years before I got my first Treo and switched to T-mobile)
  6. #6  
    sorry here is the right urlcom
  7. #7  
    what happen?

    sprintPCS sucks
  8. procure's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #8  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    At least just about everyone who decides to describe their experience on discussion boards. Rarely do I see the post "Hello everyone. Just wanted to say nothing's wrong. Thanks for reading."

    Sprint screws up. You screw up. I screw up. We all screw up.
    Yeah but Sprint screws up more than most others.

    http://money.cnn.com/2003/07/31/tech...llular_survey/
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by procure


    Yeah but Sprint screws up more than most others.

    http://money.cnn.com/2003/07/31/tech...llular_survey/
    While that may be true, the thread began on customer support and billing. This is about network integrity.
  10. #10  
    Okay, I'll be one of the weird one and say that I've had no billing errors with Sprint PCS since I started a contract a year ago August.

    In truth, when I had a contract with Voicestream about 5 years ago, I had 12 months billed incorrectly out of fourteen. Sometimes the bills were hundreds of dollars off. The fourteenth month was the final straw with me. I closed the account. When they offered to waive the last bill because of problems with service and billing, I accepted the last month as a credit. I have since had two different creditors come after me for that last month's bill. I finally just paid it off to make it go away.

    I'm not saying that everything has been great and perfect with Sprint, as I've been very frustrated at times with Business Connection service problems, but on the whole, Sprint has been a much better cellular service for me than Voicestream used to be.

    For any of them, I think it's a good idea to closely watch the bills...and I don't do it either! All I do is make sure the amount due matches what I think it should be. I don't really look at the details like I should.
  11. procure's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #11  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    While that may be true, the thread began on customer support and billing. This is about network integrity.
    True, but I think that the article and this thread are a good indication that Sprint is a sub-par cellular provider. I know I have pretty awful coverage, and I've experienced first-hand the lousy customer service. My wife uses Verizon and she has absolutely no complaints.
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    At least just about everyone who decides to describe their experience on discussion boards. Rarely do I see the post "Hello everyone. Just wanted to say nothing's wrong. Thanks for reading."

    Sprint screws up. You screw up. I screw up. We all screw up.
    Long time primeco>verizoner, I got a spcs phone last december. Initially I signed up for roadside assistance, but have since dropped it since my new truck came with it. Every single bill from Sprint has been right on the money.

    I'm not so happy that Government feels entitled to increase my $40 bill by almost $8, but what can you do. We take our after tax money to buy stuff that is again taxed. In the end they're taking 1/2 of everything and don't even offer decent affordable health care (why should they, health care costs money, it would be more effecient if everyone died on the eve of their 65th birthday. We work harder than our socialist european counterparts only to see jobs leave to third world countries.

    So that's my daily gripe, but my sprint bills have been accurate.
    David
  13. #13  
    In five years (three with no contract) the problems I've had with Sprint are:

    1-in my initial month's bill they double-charged me for activation...taken care of with a phone call;
    2-my Treo rebate was initially denied...taken care of with a phone call;
    3-they called me up once to offer me a "better" plan...one more suited to my needs, which had fewer minutes for more money....I respectfully declined.

    Other than that I've had five years of good network service and accurate bills. Overall I have been quite satisfied. (Of course I don't even mind paying taxes all that much...so I may be easier to please than most.)
  14. #14  
    I am on the bandwagon with those who have enjoyed great Sprint Service. I have been a customer for 2 years plus and have only had one instance of being overcharged. Turns out that the overcharge was really my fault, but a CS rep at Sprint still deleted the extra charges for me! I was out of the gate when the new Vision phones started coming out, and I bought a Sanyo 4900 at Best Buy for full price! At first, Vision service was so horrible and unreliable, I thought I would pay the 150 buck cancellation fee and try a different vendor, but just before I did that, things vastly improved. SO much so that I was more than pleased with the service. The 4900 is really a great phone, and all the Sanyo phones that Sprint have really make their service coverage area better. For some reason, they just seem to lock onto Sprint signals better than the others. I just got my Treo 300 today, so I am a bit nervous to see what kind of "phone" it will be for me. So far, things are going well, except the signal strength indicator shows less bars than my sanyo 5300 or 8100 would show here at work. Keeping my fingers crossed! For the dollar spent, Sprint offers fantastic service. FYI...I live in the Boston area.
  15. #15  
    I think that as far as value of minutes for dollars and network speed. Sprint has the best to offer.

    However Sprint's Customer Serv....

    Sprint's Customer Serv....

    Sprint's Customer Serv....

    Damn!!! Why can't I say "Sprint" and.

    Customer Service.

    In the same sentence.

    Can someone say Oxymoron??
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by speclcajun
    I think that as far as value of minutes for dollars and network speed. Sprint has the best to offer.

    However Sprint's Customer Serv....

    Sprint's Customer Serv....

    Sprint's Customer Serv....

    Damn!!! Why can't I say "Sprint" and.

    Customer Service.

    In the same sentence.

    Can someone say Oxymoron??
    Oxym....

    Oxym....

    Oxym....

  17. #17  
    That's F-f-f-f-funny!

    After I talk to Sprint I need Oxycontin!

Posting Permissions