View Poll Results: Will Palm continue the Handspring line of Treos?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is a money maker.

54 93.10%
  • No, it will compete with the Tungsten units.

0 0%
  • I hope this goes away and doesn't happen at all.

2 3.45%
  • I hope it does happen, (sigh) Palm makes better electronics.

2 3.45%
  1.    #1  
    What if...but worth a thought...

Will Palm continue to produce the Treo line, especially the 600 if they take over Handspring?
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    Ummm...yeah. That was the whole damned point of the merger.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Exactly, Handspring adds nothing except the Treo line. Well that and maybe the return of the Springboard ;-).
    huh?
    It's been said before, but it's so obvious I'll say it again.

Palm had no reason to acquire Handspring if not for its product lineup, of which there is only a single example: the Treo line.
    Palm is buying Handspring just to get control of and kill the Treo, and to put a competitor out of business.

Time for my medication. Now where did I put those little pills?
    A competitor to what? Palm has no smartphone (phone, not data device with voice). Besides, it's commonly accepted that without a white knight, Handspring would have folded. I don't buy your logic.
    Now that my medication has kicked in, I see the wisdom in what you all are saying. I must have been jesting on that last post (note the smilie)!
    Originally posted by scrinch
    Now that my medication has kicked in, I see the wisdom in what you all are saying. I must have been jesting on that last post (note the smilie)!
    Smilie noted. My bad.
    I heard that the Handspring offices had cool restrooms, that was the whole reason for the merger.

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by TheHandlessKing
    I heard that the Handspring offices had cool restrooms, that was the whole reason for the merger.

TheHandlessKing
    LMAO!

Didn't the CEO of Handspring have his beginnings at Palm? Why would he give in at this point?
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    Global Posts
    1,586 Global Posts
    The Treo line will make a nice addition to Palm, and now they don't have to pay for R&D on a smartphone of their own. I imagine Handspring's R&D folks are part of the merger. The 600 will be the last Treo with the Handspring name.

Imagining "Palm Treo 700"...
    John 3:16-18

Handspring Visor Prism w/Digital Link -> Palm Treo 600 -> Sprint PPC 6700 -> Palm Centro -> Blackberry Tour -> Blackberry Bold 9780 -> Blackberry Torch -> Palm Treo 755p -> BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Originally posted by jegs2
    The Treo line will make a nice addition to Palm, and now they don't have to pay for R&D on a smartphone of their own. I imagine Handspring's R&D folks are part of the merger. The 600 will be the last Treo with the Handspring name.

Imagining "Palm Treo 700"...
    Actually that's incorrect because Palm won't have the name "Palm" after the merger! The "Palm" trademark will belong to the Palmsource unit after it spins off. Thus the name will be something else:

"wathamaycallit" Treo 700.........

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions